By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Heavy Rain Plot [Major Spoilers!!!]

Heavy Rain Plot [Major Spoilers!!!]

Total:0
sieanr said:
Kantor said:
Those are hardly plot holes. The first one, Scott isn't a psycopathic monster, he just wants to find devoted fathers. And the second one could just be a coverup. Criminals getting killed without a trial leads to negative public opinion.

Try these:

1) How does Madison know Scott? Why does she recoil in shock upon hearing his name?
2) Why do Scott's thoughts never suggest that he is the Origami Killer, and indeed, prove the contrary?
3) What exactly does Ethan DO during his daily blackout?

As for Scott...do you really think he would kill you? The ONE MAN willing to risk everything, endanger himself, to kill, even to DIE for his son, and you think Scott would shoot him?

Hahahaha, he runs around killing children just so he can test the fathers. Thats not something a normal person would do, but it is something a sociopath would.

Ajescent said:
Serial Killers who follow a strict code dont kill people who don't fit their code unless they REALLY have to, in this case Scott felt no one fitted the code or were truely necessary.

Thats not how it works in real life. Serial killers target specific people because it fulfills thier fantaasies, i.e. white blonde chicks with long legs. Few serial killers follow a code.

But really the motivation of the charaters is one of the bigger issues with the plot. Of course with Shelby they had to hide everything from the player until the end, just so it could be a surprise, but in the proscess they've made the ending an unbelievable mess of deus ex machina.

I hate to agree but I kinda do. I was in denial for so long after I found out Scott was the killer. They made him out to be such a nice, kind hearted character. Then you find out he's a piece of shit psycho...

Around the Network

I don't see how the ending made it such a mess.

I agree they could have had scott's thoughts be "more vague" or about other topics completely to hide the twist, but what else was wrong?

The fact that you could save hassan or kramer or lauren? Perhaps for hassan or kramer he believed once he got the evidence from hassan and something on Gordi that the people wouldn't be much of a threat anymore. I mean, he left Hassan alive when he didn't pass all of the trials, he could have just killed him way back when, but he didn't, he's no criminal mastermind.

As for wanting to save Lauren (or at least having that option) they do kiss in the end if you save her, so perhaps he was falling for her and figured she wouldn't go around investigating him.

In the ending that I got, Madison was signing copies of her book when somebody in line told her that she needed a more vicious rival. Maybe some things are left to be revealed in a sequel. Maybe Shelby didn't act alone.

Or maybe it was just some major plot holes. I was reading about Heavy Rain on Wikipedia at work and the developers said that you are only supposed to play the game once (so how the hell are you supposed to get all of the Trophies?) and enjoy the experience. I noticed a few gaping plot holes, too. Still, in the end, the experience blew me away.

d21lewis said:
In the ending that I got, Madison was signing copies of her book when somebody in line told her that she needed a more vicious rival. Maybe some things are left to be revealed in a sequel. Maybe Shelby didn't act alone.

Or maybe it was just some major plot holes. I was reading about Heavy Rain on Wikipedia at work and the developers said that you are only supposed to play the game once (so how the hell are you supposed to get all of the Trophies?) and enjoy the experience. I noticed a few gaping plot holes, too. Still, in the end, the experience blew me away.

I figured that it was either her insomnia (which could be resolved by marrying Ethan), or a little horror thing at the end (since she was holding an actual book).

The more I think about the story the stupider it gets. So I'm gonna try not to think about it anymore, because I was having a blast at the time.

Around the Network

All of the plot holes can be resolved with one word: Nano-machines!

CGI-Quality said:
Kantor said:
Those are hardly plot holes. The first one, Scott isn't a psycopathic monster, he just wants to find devoted fathers. And the second one could just be a coverup. Criminals getting killed without a trial leads to negative public opinion.

Try these:

1) How does Madison know Scott? Why does she recoil in shock upon hearing his name?
2) Why do Scott's thoughts never suggest that he is the Origami Killer, and indeed, prove the contrary?
3) What exactly does Ethan DO during his daily blackout?

As for Scott...do you really think he would kill you? The ONE MAN willing to risk everything, endanger himself, to kill, even to DIE for his son, and you think Scott would shoot him?

Someone understood this game! I hardly find responses like these when related to the plot. Yes, there are plotholes, though not as many, or as big, as some will lead people to believe.

As for you kantor, I really want to know about 1), & 2) myself. Also: How did Scott kill the old guy in the clock-shop scenewhen you're in control of him second-to-second? Perhaps the DLC will reveal some of these, though all the Taxidermist scene does is demonstrate, potentially, why Madison is an Insomniac. Btw, that scene is at the top for me.

Edit: Although the thread warns of spoilers, I wouldn't want to ruin anything for the lurkers

You remember in that scene when the camera goes into a really big close-up on Lauren when she looks at the ballerina? That is when he killed him. Then he came back and made it look like he had been there the whole time.

Scott Shelby is the Origami Killer!

Lololololololol

Spoiled it for you guys.

so is he the killer in every ending?

my ending was as follows....

news story bout ethan and shelby..

news story bout madison she then signs books, guy says something bout "needing a ferocious adversary"

news story bout jayden... then hes in an office using ARI and these little tanks show up on his desk lol. take off ARI and the tanks come back lol

My ending:

Madison writes a novel

Ethan and Shaun buy a new house

Jayden is dead. His partner steals his glasses and is haunted by Jayden.

Lauren reprises her role from "the audition" and puts a hole in Shelby's head.