By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Super Mario Galaxy 2 surpass the first one?

Will Super Mario Galaxy 2 surpass the first one?

Yes 67 77.01%

No 20 22.99%

Total:87
PeteyPeeps said:
If SMG2 can be played via gamecube controller, not wii mote and nunchuck - YES

if not ... NEVER

Sorry ?

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Around the Network
PeteyPeeps said:

if not ... NEVER

Are you saying you had a problem with the Wii + Nunchuk controls in Super Mario Galaxy?

... Really?

Highly doubtful.

This game has less going for it.

Super Mario Galaxy was the big and highly anticipated Christmas season game. SMG2 is just a spring release with people not so interested.

Super Mario Galaxy did most of what SMG2 does first. There won't be nearly as many surprises, people know this and will pass on this game as a result.

People who don't yet have the first game, will likely want to play the first game before getting this one.

Review sites are likely to not score this game higher than Super Mario Galaxy; knocking it down a further 500K to 2M in sales (since many couch potatoes who identify as uber-hardcore will be watching that review score, and they follow review sources like wounded nerd-sheep; it might be less because tons of them hate Nintendo more than Republican Americans hate Communism).

Will it be a better game? Very possibly (I would almost say probably).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

It has Yoshi, yes.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
PeteyPeeps said:

if not ... NEVER

Are you saying you had a problem with the Wii + Nunchuk controls in Super Mario Galaxy?

... Really?

Look at his signature.

Don't feed the troll.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
PeteyPeeps said:

if not ... NEVER

... Really?

Look at his signature.

Don't feed the troll.

Oh, now I see. Thanks.

Yes.

i think SMG2 is built on the same engine as 1 therefore gameplay (which is the thing that matters the most) can't get worse, only better or the same

from a design standpoint i think it looks like it'll be much more creative and filled with new ideas, i feel it will surpass it in that regard for sure

however, i don't think it'll surpass SMG1's score of 97 metacritic, it's hard enough to do that for normal games, but sequels with not much graphical improvement? i don't think so. reviewers might say it's awsome ..etc BUT they'll claim nothing has changed since the first even though the sequel seems to be MUCH more creative and more filled with cool designs and ideas

just what i think, don't take it too seriously :p

Jumpin said:

Highly doubtful.

This game has less going for it.

Super Mario Galaxy was the big and highly anticipated Christmas season game. SMG2 is just a spring release with people not so interested.

Super Mario Galaxy did most of what SMG2 does first. There won't be nearly as many surprises, people know this and will pass on this game as a result.

Really? I think it has more going for it. According to Miyamoto, 95-99% of the content is new. Miyamoto said there was so much that they had wanted to do in Galaxy 1, but they just couldn't do it in time and the stuff is in Galaxy 2.

I can't wait, the game already looks like it'll be a lot better than the first IMO. :3

Yes, it will be far better, many of the issues of the first will be fixed now