By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FINAL: Predict God of War III First Week/LTD

Gilgamesh said:

The end of the exciting trilogy is near, one of the most exciting games of the year with be releasing in just a couple weeks. So it's time to make one last final prediction for GoWIII. There biggest market is clearly America, but how well will it do in Others?

First Week

America: 1 million

Others: 350K

Japan: 35K

Total: 1.385 million

LTD

America: 3.5 million

Others: 1 million

Japan: 65K

Total: 4.565 million

First Week

America: 792k

Others: 329k

Japan: 15k

LTD

America: 2.23m

Others: 1.14m

Japan: 30k

Total: 3.4 million

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
aragod said:
First week WW - 1.0 m
LTD WW - 4.5 m

In the end, Others will sell more GoW3 copies than NA and Japan together.

Others will not outsell America, no way.

That's like saying a Halo game is going to sell better in Others then America, it's just not going to happen. The God of War market is in America.

Well the reason why GoW 1+2 are showing such a low numbers in "others" region is the lack of tracking, not the fact that those series aren't beloved here. Every single game from now on, unless it's another FPS, will sell more in others than in NA.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

First week:

North America - 750k
Others - 250k
Japan - 15k
Total - 1 million

Lifetime:

North America - 3 million (possibly more - the Collection is still selling nicely, nearing a million)
Others - 800k (remains to be seen how the trilogy pack will do, but it'll at least top I and II)
Japan - 40k
Total - 3.8 million

Do most people not realize that God of War barely sold 700k in Others, and God of War II sold even less? Some people here are expecting God of War III to top that its first week. 0_o

aragod said:
Gilgamesh said:
aragod said:
First week WW - 1.0 m
LTD WW - 4.5 m

That's like saying a Halo game is going to sell better in Others then America, it's just not going to happen. The God of War market is in America.

Well the reason why GoW 1+2 are showing such a low numbers in "others" region is the lack of tracking, not the fact that those series aren't beloved here. Every single game from now on, unless it's another FPS, will sell more in others than in NA.

It'd be nice if that were true.  =/

Sharky54 said:

almost 1 million sold in a week is low? Since when? And yes I think gow3 will have some nice legs. 

sorry, you are right, 1M is OK

but 6M is just insane legs !

Time to Work !

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
aragod said:
Gilgamesh said:
aragod said:
First week WW - 1.0 m
LTD WW - 4.5 m

It'd be nice if that were true.  =/

I refuse to believe Heavenly Sword outsold both God of War games in Others. I REFUSE!

libellule said:
Sharky54 said:

almost 1 million sold in a week is low? Since when? And yes I think gow3 will have some nice legs. 

sorry, you are right, 1M is OK

but 6M is just insane legs !

Yes, but whos to say it wont sell 4 million in the first year, and another 2 million over the next 2 or 3? That doesnt seem hard to do.

god of War 3 should have epic sales, it seem slike a once ina decade game from what i have read/seen. Should and will are 2 different things though,a s many people would rather buy another generic shooter then a game like GOW 3.

GOw 1 and2 sales are pretty irrelevant, not only is there a lot more hype awareness, bac the sales tracking was poor in many regions.

aragod said:
Gilgamesh said:
aragod said:
First week WW - 1.0 m
LTD WW - 4.5 m

Ok then what about God of War: Chains of Olympus, it has basically the same sales as GoWI and II has when comparing America with others. Seems like America always sold 2 or 3 times more then Others. I don't see why this would change with GoWIII.