By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FINAL: Predict God of War III First Week/LTD

Gilgamesh said:
aragod said:
Gilgamesh said:
aragod said:
First week WW - 1.0 m
LTD WW - 4.5 m

In the end, Others will sell more GoW3 copies than NA and Japan together.

Others will not outsell America, no way.

That's like saying a Halo game is going to sell better in Others then America, it's just not going to happen. The God of War market is in America.

Well the reason why GoW 1+2 are showing such a low numbers in "others" region is the lack of tracking, not the fact that those series aren't beloved here. Every single game from now on, unless it's another FPS, will sell more in others than in NA.

Ok then what about God of War: Chains of Olympus, it has basically the same sales as GoWI and II has when comparing America with others. Seems like America always sold 2 or 3 times more then Others. I don't see why this would change with GoWIII.

but PS3 is a lot more popular in Otehrs than NA compared to what was PS/PS2

Time to Work !

Around the Network
libellule said:
Gilgamesh said:
aragod said:
Gilgamesh said:
aragod said:
First week WW - 1.0 m
LTD WW - 4.5 m

In the end, Others will sell more GoW3 copies than NA and Japan together.

Others will not outsell America, no way.

That's like saying a Halo game is going to sell better in Others then America, it's just not going to happen. The God of War market is in America.

Well the reason why GoW 1+2 are showing such a low numbers in "others" region is the lack of tracking, not the fact that those series aren't beloved here. Every single game from now on, unless it's another FPS, will sell more in others than in NA.

Ok then what about God of War: Chains of Olympus, it has basically the same sales as GoWI and II has when comparing America with others. Seems like America always sold 2 or 3 times more then Others. I don't see why this would change with GoWIII.

but PS3 is a lot more popular in Otehrs than NA compared to what was PS/PS2

It doesn't matter, that's like saying America or Others is going to have a bigger first week then Japan for a Final Fantasy game because they have more users, it's not going to happen. The fanbase of GoW is in America, and the new God of War Collections that was released in only America will only increase the sales for it in America.

800k first week

2.5 mill Lifetime

I think some of u re underestimating eu sales.I cant say about na(obviusly it sell a lot)but since i live in eu i know few facts about gow3 here.

U dont have IDEA how heavily gow and gow2 were pirated here.(including myself lol).Many of us were younger and couldnt pay over 100$ for single game.
EVERY1 who played it enjoyed it.
I know at least 40,50 people(friends,forum guys...)who played pirated version and ey re all getting gow3 and some of them ps3 with it.

Cant say about numbers but i think people here ll be very surprised with sale numbers(positively i hope)

First Week - 975k

650K NA 

300k Others 

25K Japan

LTD - 3.75 

Around the Network

wont make an exact prediction but i will say this, over 1 million first week easily.

First Week 900k-1.1m

Lifetime 3.6m

1st week

NA: 900K
EU: 550k
JPN: 70K

total 1st week: 1.52million
LTD

NA: 3million (collection is selling very well and with GH it may reach this)
EU: 1.1million (platinum should help reach this)
JPN: 100k (it will hopefully sell more)

total LTD: 4.2 million.

it wont do 1million in NA alone in first week...it wont do 1million WW First week:

NA: 400K
EU:300K
JP:60K

900k total first week
3.3mil total LTD