By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something is going down between Infinty Ward and Activision

The king is dead. Long live the king.

Around the Network

A very self-destructive stretch by Activision. It should be clear to them that the goodwill from the community that Infinity Ward attracts should be more than worth their independent streak.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

they're going to make The Bouncer 2 after Square Enix buys Infinity Ward.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

The end of IW and Call of Duty Franchise?

Possibly...

I hope they make there own studio and make awesome COD- Killer games.

this reminds me about how Rockstar Vienna was closed:

On May 11, 2006, Take-Two Interactive closed their Rockstar Vienna office without any previous announcement, and employees were denied access to their workplace by security personnel in the morning.[2]

Source: Wikipedia

...besides, didn't kotick say he will take out all the fun of making games? Obviously he is doing as promised!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

Kotick thinks purely as a businessman.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I'm not sure that there is such a "core talent" behind CoD, I mean, it's just an FPS franchise! As long as Activision spends lots of money on polishing it, so the next games won't be buggy, ugly, too short, or something similar, it will be fine.

Over-Relliance in one franchise, Activision without CoD would go bankrupt really fast.

But war... war never changes

tyig said:
Over-Relliance in one franchise, Activision without CoD would go bankrupt really fast.

WoW?

Anyway, the two rumors that I've heard were:

1) Subscription based CoD

But that seems a bit strange. Why such a rush, and conflict? I'm sure even Bobby will have been willing to be diplomatic and take it slowly.

2) Rushing out DLC in order to counter BC2's launch

Sounds much more plausible.

You guys know which big video game giant allows creative freedom and invests in new IPs, and which FPS has dedicated servers, teamwork, and less glitching/cheating.

Battlefield to the rescue!