By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something is going down between Infinty Ward and Activision

Activision better not screw up and lose those talented guys.

Around the Network

If I were IW I'd say good riddance to Activision and form a new company trying to draw as many former members of my team as possible. They obviously know how to make successful games...

UPDATE 11:20 PM: It turns out Activision may have showed their hand in this matter earlier today.

In an SEC filing made earlier today, Activision cited a human resources investigation into "into breaches of contract and insubordination by two senior employees at Infinity Ward."

Based on the information we currently have, at least one of those employees may have included Infinity Ward CTO Jason West. It's possible Vince Zampella is the other unmentioned employee.

"This matter is expected to involve the departure of key personnel and litigation," read the Activision's filing. "At present, the Company does not expect this matter to have a material impact on the Company."

Read more: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/702911/TheFeed.html?utm_source=g4tv&utm_medium=twitterblog&utm_campaign=so-0907-twitterthefeed-702911&cmpid=so-0907-twitterthefeed-702911#ixzz0h0DLDQFM

Sounds like some interesting stuff. Definitely tagged for later.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I'm thinking stunt, who changes their job status so quick on Linkedin? :P

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Around the Network

Not a stunt when Activision got the SEC involved. This is going to end up in court. I think that Activision wanted to do the subscription based COD and Infinity Ward heads said no and they got fired for that and probably going sued for breach of contract.

Just want to play good games

Maybe they wanted to do a Bungie, and Activision wasn't having it....

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Watch the rest of Infinity Ward walk out. The sooner Activision gets rid of Bobby Kotick the better. The guy seems to have made it his mission to make gamers (probably developers too based on his comments) hate him and Activision. At least they have Blizzard to keep them afloat.

i can gladly say that i bought MW 2 USED, and my money did not went to support Koticks dirty actions.

red_dragon said:
Not a stunt when Activision got the SEC involved. This is going to end up in court. I think that Activision wanted to do the subscription based COD and Infinity Ward heads said no and they got fired for that and probably going sued for breach of contract.

I'm thinking it might involve that as well.  Kotick has mentioned numerous times wanting to take Call of Duty in a pay-to-play direction/