By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something is going down between Infinty Ward and Activision

Something's happening at Infinity Ward right now.

A source close to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

developer just informed me that a "bunch of bouncer-types" just showed up outside of the Infinity Ward offices unannounced. When approached by employees, the non-uniformed "bouncers" were unwilling to disclose why they were there.

"Everyone is on edge," said my source.

Infinity Ward studio heads Vince Zampella and Jason West reportedly met with Activision this morning and have not been seen by Infinity Ward staff members since. My source did not delve into specifics, but described the relationship between Infinity Ward and Activision lately as "tense."

The mood around the Infinity Ward offices is currently described as "freaked out" and "confused."

"We just wanna make our games," said my source.

I've contacted Activision for comment on the ongoing situation at Infinity Ward. Stay tuned.

update: seems Jason West is no longer working for Infinity Ward

Around the Network

Maybe there breaking up, i wish. I hope it gets resolved.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

General Shepards men no doubt

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
General Shepards men no doubt

the patriarchs skarr

Weird.

Around the Network

lol what a day.

I checked a couple of reliable video game journalist twitters and they are saying that this is not a stunt.

Just want to play good games

either someone is getting fired or this is a stunt to premier the new dlc to steal away the show from the new bad company game that comes out tomorrow i believe

I wonder what's going on.

Modern Warfare 2 is selling more and more every week. Last week beat Halo 3 WW by 79k+ units. If it keeps at this pace in another 14+ weeks It's going to outsell Halo 3 or come close to it, and do that in less then a year since It's release. This is no simple feat, and without IW this would have not happened.

Modern Warfare 2 is already the best selling PS3 game to date in such short time.

Tryarch is not a bad development team but It's obvious they borrowed alot from IW to get where they are at.

I hope IW gets the respect they deserve. They are a great company and I can't wait for the new maps to hit soon.

It's just that simple.

Sam Kennedy from 1up is saying that Infinty Ward and Activision had problems for a while now and it looks it's coming to an end (Activision gutting the company).

Just want to play good games