By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something is going down between Infinty Ward and Activision

March 1 is the new April Fool's Day

Around the Network

Meet the new CEO of Infinity Ward

lol SONY BUY THEM QUICK! :P either way crappy situation :S wonder what led to this

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I also wonder, does Microsoft still get their timed exclusive DLC?

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Activision is screwing themselves over, whose next Tony Hawk?

Around the Network

UPDATE: It appears that studio head Jason West has been let go from Infinity Ward. West's LinkedIn account now lists his position as "past," and shows that the position ended in March 2010. In addition, one of our own sources inside Infinity Ward has said that Activision is "flexing their muscles" against the studio, attempting to "push back against change." More as we hear it.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178175

You know I think this is a major stunt to steal a thunder of a certain game coming out. If it's real it's a very foolish choice.

PSN ID: KingFate_

My guess is IW proably got too big for Activision and started demanding things and Activision looked at Blizzards earnings and realized they don't have to negotiate.

^firing the ceo is not a stunt

I blame Wii Fit

This is only half a joke - I am sure that though probably not anything close to the main reason, IW's refusal to work on the Wii versions of MW, even though Activision wanted these versions, didn't exactly help.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin