By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DO NOT TURN ON YOUR FAT PS3 - date bug is majorly screwing up systems

Let's just put it this way, If you have a fat and did not get the very last 80gig fats, you are affected. If you have the 80gig fat, you may still be effected.
In short, if you have fat, it will go splat!

Around the Network
klystron said:

joeorc, I'm not so sure. If the chip itself has crashed because of a bug in its leap year logic, then the only way to get it to reset may be to actually power it off. (Remove mains power and the voltage.) Dallas 1-wire clock chips have a reset command but if the chip is stuck doing something stupid then it may not respond to it. If it was a simple reset then it would have probably been released already, unless a lot of testing is going on to prove that this is the only problem. Obviously they don't want to rush things and have to release multiple updates.

yes I know what your saying, but Odd's are no you would not have to have the power removed in order to do that, yes it's one way but you can reflash the CHIPS BIOS which i have done plenty of time's to working PC's that needed a BIOS update for some reason or another. That is most likely the case with the PS3

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

I had the problem since yesterday at around 8pm or so.

Flame said:
Does anyone know how long this problem has been around?

it first started Sunday, and sony stated they hope to have the problem resolved by tue.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Lol, unfortunately not everyone's definition of "having fun" includes posting very serious sensationalist articles with major factual errors, which (like most mainstream news stories about consoles) sound less knowledgeable than a page of posts on Neogaf.

I get that the PS3 having a bad day is exciting on some primal level, but could we keep this thread a bit more clean for people who are looking for good information on what's going on with their systems?

We used to have a list in this thread of affected models, along with people very clearly explaining the situation and giving us an accurate sense of how serious things are -- for example, a PS3 unable to connect to PSN because of the error can still download firmware and get fixes from Sony, because all firmware updates take place without connecting to PSN. This has been said several times in the thread, and it would probably be more known if we weren't spamming the thread and trying to turn it into a little skirmish in the console war.

Around the Network

Yes midnight GMT all PS3 Clocks run with the same time with GMT time the error occured at the same moment world wide.

So
4:00 PM PST

7:00 PM EST

kowenicki said:
Flame said:
Does anyone know how long this problem has been around?

lol... well...er... since midnight.

Haven't been on the internet for a day.  Thanks for the info.

lol i cant wait for tomorrow to see if it fixes.

i dont think il turn on the ps3 till then.

you have to admit this is a pain though.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

kowenicki said:
tbh the whole PSN trophy and community thing has always been a bit of a clunky and buggy mess. slow or errors when syncing for instance.

I guess thats what you get for it being an add on... and not an integral part of the initial design.... but this is something else.

not good.

speak for yourself, never had any issues...