By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DO NOT TURN ON YOUR FAT PS3 - date bug is majorly screwing up systems

kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:
kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:
theprof00 said:
kowenicki said:
hey... my auto psn trophy card just re-appeared in my sig....

is that a good sign???

it hasnt been there all day.

that thing never works for me.

kowenicki: the problem has nothing to do with the PSN so no sorry.... just wait until you hear something from Sony. Had to text my bro not to turn on the 40gb back home, but the slim with me is fine...

I have this masochistic urge to turn it on and see what happens...

It feels like a new extreme sport has been invented... but you can only play it for one day!

Im actually struggling NOT to turn it on... 

One of those situations where it says DO NOT PUSH THE BUTTON hey!

EXACTLY.... I might push it... whats the worst that could happen? :P

I can say you what will happen with your PS3 just say me your model type and I can determin wheter you will have a problem or not. 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:
kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:
theprof00 said:
kowenicki said:

is that a good sign???

kowenicki: the problem has nothing to do with the PSN so no sorry.... just wait until you hear something from Sony. Had to text my bro not to turn on the 40gb back home, but the slim with me is fine...

It feels like a new extreme sport has been invented... but you can only play it for one day!

go on turn it on,sony told you not to,what more can you ask for,lol

i did,but then i didn't know

but you're right earlier about a company telling their punters not to turn on their product,hilarious and unique to gaming is there a business where punters and corps have such a relationship

they have to take the flak,the jokes will roll and roll,

nice gif sully,lol

Above & Beyond

kowenicki said:
Netyaroze said:
kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:
kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:
theprof00 said:
kowenicki said:

is that a good sign???

I can say you what will happen with your PS3 just say me your model type and I can determin wheter you will have a problem or not. 

model type?

it was a 40gig Fat, that is now a 320gig fat...  2 years old.. ish.. i think.

I think he was asking about the CECH-something written on your ps3 indicating the model. There is a list specifying which models are affected by this problem and which are not.

kowenicki said:
Netyaroze said:
kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:
kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:
theprof00 said:
kowenicki said:

is that a good sign???

model type?

You can see what Series of PS3 you have if you look at the bottom of your PS3 there is a sticker and there stands for example CECHL or CECHP or CECHA. And so on.

If your label says CECHL or CECHP you definetly wont have a problem.

But I am pretty sure that your PS3 is too old so even if you are not looking at your sign, I can say you will have the problem most certainly I give 95% chance. Unless you opened your PS3 and put out the CMOS battery or you send your PS3 in to repair. If you want you can look at the sticker for yourself. Sorry man. 

My MGS4 trophies are all gone!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure the 40gbs are not cechps, and right now, fucked.

joeorc, I'm not so sure. If the chip itself has crashed because of a bug in its leap year logic, then the only way to get it to reset may be to actually power it off. (Remove mains power and the voltage.) Dallas 1-wire clock chips have a reset command but if the chip is stuck doing something stupid then it may not respond to it. If it was a simple reset then it would have probably been released already, unless a lot of testing is going on to prove that this is the only problem. Obviously they don't want to rush things and have to release multiple updates.

d21lewis said:

My MGS4 trophies are all gone!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

bummer,

users online is higher than normal,good for ioi,lol

people love a story

Above & Beyond

Does anyone know how long this problem has been around?

kowenicki said:
Netyaroze said:
kowenicki said:
Netyaroze said:
kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:
kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:
theprof00 said:
kowenicki said:

is that a good sign???

model type?

You can see what Series of PS3 you have if you look at the bottom of your PS3 there is a sticker and there stands for example CECHL or CECHP or CECHA. And so on.

If your label says CECHL or CECHP you definetly wont have a problem.

But I am pretty sure that your PS3 is too old so even if you are not looking at your sign, I can say you will have the problem most certainly I give 95% chance. Unless you opened your PS3 and put out the CMOS battery or you send your PS3 in to repair. If you want you can look at the sticker for yourself. Sorry man. 

CECHJ 03  ??

Yes sorry man you have the bug most definetly. Unless your PS3 was repaired by sony before then maybe not.