By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone 2 Has 72% More Head Polygon Count than Halo: Reach

Carl2291 said:
leo-j said:
Carl2291 said:
huaxiong90 said:
Carl2291 said:
Killzone 2 released a year ago.

Halo Reach isn't releasing for a long time.

That is all.

7 months is a long time? News to me.

OT: Are those the final Polygon counts for Halo: Reach?

It is when that 7 months can be used to up the graphics.

Plus, something else to note -

Halo Reach has split screen co-op. Killzone 2 doesn't.

That's why the 360 hasn't released a game that looks better than the first Uncharted right?

Coming from someone who has an obvious Sony bias. Yes, the 360 has released several better looking games than Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

A lot of them are on both PS3 and 360. And then there is Gears 2 and Mass Effect 2. Hell, you could even add in Forza 3.

GEARS 2?

http://www.kineticninja.blogspot.com/2009_01_01_archive.html

Also, I haven't even played Mass effect, but FORZA 3? When was the last time you played U1

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:

That's why the 360 hasn't released a game that looks better than the first Uncharted right?

LOL Funny.

Plus the Author should probably realise he's comparing the in-game model from HR to the cutscene model of KZ2. Which if you want to be fair, looks more like this in a like for like comparison:

I know which looks better to me. Besides with 5-6m polys per frame in Halo Reach, a geometry battle isn't one the PS3 can win. 

Seece said:
Carl2291 said:

That is all.

lol, you're funny sometimes Carl, when it's in favour of Reach you're all "Oh but Killzone is OLD so it's uncomparable" yet when it's in favour of Killzone it's fair play?

You like to flamebait people don't you?

1. I was actually sticking up for Reach. Basicly saying wait until it's released and we have the full game.

2. Yes.

@CARL

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=61965&page=2

way to contradict yourself..

"Uncharted vs Gears 1 would have been a better comparison.

Bad screens used for Gears 2, although i still think Uncharted looks better."

mM
Carl2291 said:
Seece said:
Carl2291 said:

That is all.

lol, you're funny sometimes Carl, when it's in favour of Reach you're all "Oh but Killzone is OLD so it's uncomparable" yet when it's in favour of Killzone it's fair play?

You like to flamebait people don't you?

1. I was actually sticking up for Reach. Basicly saying wait until it's released and we have the full game.

2. Yes.

I know I'm going to get those stupid "conspiracy" agenders thrown at me, but I didn't read your post like that at all, more you rubbing in the fact Killzone is old yet still beats out Reach.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Let's see... Halo has split-screen, huge environments, and loads of aliens on-screen.

I don't find it the least bit surprising that KZ2 has higher character poly counts. That doesn't mean Reach is less impressive technically, though. It's just striving for a different kind of technical prowess. Until the game releases, it's a moot point anyway.

Exactly this.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

dahuman said:
not sure why this matters o_O; anybody want to explain this to me?

It matters because one game gives you better head.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

leo-j said:
Carl2291 said:
leo-j said:
Carl2291 said:
huaxiong90 said:
Carl2291 said:

That is all.

7 months is a long time? News to me.

OT: Are those the final Polygon counts for Halo: Reach?

It is when that 7 months can be used to up the graphics.

Plus, something else to note -

Halo Reach has split screen co-op. Killzone 2 doesn't.

Coming from someone who has an obvious Sony bias. Yes, the 360 has released several better looking games than Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

A lot of them are on both PS3 and 360. And then there is Gears 2 and Mass Effect 2. Hell, you could even add in Forza 3.

GEARS 2?

http://www.kineticninja.blogspot.com/2009_01_01_archive.html

Also, I haven't even played Mass effect, but FORZA 3? When was the last time you played U1

Yes Gears 2. It looks much better in motion than it does in random screens.

As for Uncharted 1, i played it last weekend. Showing my dad it and Uncharted 2. Mass Effect 2 wipes the floor with Uncharted 1. Forza 3 Demo was actually on par, if not better than Uncharted 1.

kowenicki said:
leo-j said:

@CARL

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=61965&page=2

way to contradict yourself..

"Uncharted vs Gears 1 would have been a better comparison.

Bad screens used for Gears 2, although i still think Uncharted looks better."

lol... oops. sony infighting.. not very nice that.

Watch out for the *DRAMA*

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

mosen said:

http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Reach/images/cutouts/Trooper_left1.jpg

These KZ2 screens are from the PRE ALPHA version, -_- you didn't even play Killzone 2, plus, because of the Post-processing filter, screens can't do justice to the game, and can only be enjoyed in movement. Anyway FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, IF YOU WANT TO COMPARE THESE GAMES WAIT AT LEAST UNTIL REACH IS RELEASED... leave Rach the time to come out. -_-