By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone 2 Has 72% More Head Polygon Count than Halo: Reach

Since you're on a ps3 > xbox streak I thought i should mention. You can combine killzone 1,2 and 3 and it won't sell as much as halo reach.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Well its just that the article sounds like its trying to take a stab at Halo Reach and isn't written very objectively and your name for this site is Killzone2KingsFPS and you have PS3 listed as the only console you own.....some people are going to assume that this thread was a blatent attempt to troll the 360. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't mean anything by it and if not sweet sorry I made the assumption.

i know what  you mean      and its ok     but really  i  dont    have any hate for the 360 at all       and the arctles     i post are  not by me  i  just go  to websites and   i   just  post them      and     yeah i know   the only system i put is  ps3 its that i like it and    kilzone 2 isnt the only game that i put on my vgchart profile       anyways sorry  to  any one    that  might   of hurt     by these thread

This is a joke. They are comparing a 'soldier' with a main character. A soldier which is wearing a helmet and therefore doesn't need as many polygons at that and they'll need to put a dozen soldiers on screen at the same time.

Split screen is a joke and im thankful this bullshit didn't come from Sony. Edit: because I don't want my opinion of their PR to sink any lower than -6.

Next time try to compare a killzone 2 soldier with a Halo: Reach soldier if you feel the need to do a direct comparison on human models, or at least compare a fucking spartan FFS.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

leo-j said:
Carl2291 said:
huaxiong90 said:
Carl2291 said:
Killzone 2 released a year ago.

Halo Reach isn't releasing for a long time.

That is all.

7 months is a long time? News to me.

OT: Are those the final Polygon counts for Halo: Reach?

It is when that 7 months can be used to up the graphics.

Plus, something else to note -

Halo Reach has split screen co-op. Killzone 2 doesn't.

That's why the 360 hasn't released a game that looks better than the first Uncharted right?

Coming from someone who has an obvious Sony bias. Yes, the 360 has released several better looking games than Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

A lot of them are on both PS3 and 360. And then there is Gears 2 and Mass Effect 2. Hell, you could even add in Forza 3.

Let's see... Halo has split-screen, huge environments, and loads of aliens on-screen.

I don't find it the least bit surprising that KZ2 has higher character poly counts. That doesn't mean Reach is less impressive technically, though. It's just striving for a different kind of technical prowess. Until the game releases, it's a moot point anyway.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Reach/images/cutouts/Trooper_left1.jpg

leo-j said:
Carl2291 said:
huaxiong90 said:
Carl2291 said:

That is all.

7 months is a long time? News to me.

OT: Are those the final Polygon counts for Halo: Reach?

It is when that 7 months can be used to up the graphics.

Plus, something else to note -

Halo Reach has split screen co-op. Killzone 2 doesn't.

That's why the 360 hasn't released a game that looks better than the first Uncharted right?

I think Gears 2 looks better than Uncharted. Not that it matters...

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

A random guy on N4G says it does??? Tell everyone, it's obviously true! Ignore the Killzone generic soldiers having as many, it's less than the main character's!!!!!!

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

The first killzone might have a higher polygon count, but it looks like ass and is no where as impressive as Halo reach right now in it's early stages.

And if that's going by anything, killzone two doesn't look too impressive either...
Bigger isn't always better, you also gotta have stamina and the know how to use it.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Carl2291 said:

That is all.

lol, you're funny sometimes Carl, when it's in favour of Reach you're all "Oh but Killzone is OLD so it's uncomparable" yet when it's in favour of Killzone it's fair play?

You like to flamebait people don't you?