atma998 said:
huaxiong90 said:
atma998 said:
huaxiong90 said:
atma998 said:
huaxiong90 said:
Smashchu2 said:
"Heavy Rain is a glimpse at what the future of gaming holds."

Heck NO. Heavy Rain is the worst thing that happened to games. We don't need games where you play boring real life attributes. We don't need games where all you do is press buttons as they appear on the screen. We don't need games with piss poor stories pawning themselves off as "revolutionary."

So what's your excuse for the good reviews?

If you haven't played the game, keep these silly comments to yourself.

Did you ever seen a game with the top graphics of its gen having bad reviews, even if the gameplay is bad and/or boring? I doesnt say Heavy Rain's gameplay is bad and/or boring but I'm just asking... As far as I know the critics are for the most part ''graphics whores''.

I understand that, and you have a point (Crysis, I'm looking at you, which I think is more of a 80's range game). But reading reviews on metacritic, most of them praise Heavy Rain's story and dialogue.

Like I said, I strongly disagree with the OP, but it is no excuse for some people here to moan like children and flame Heavy Rain with generalized/baseless bull****.

Did I talked about the story and dialogue of HR? I was talking about the most important consideration while playing a video game: gameplay. 

Well about that, they said it may not be for everyone, even though they think it works well, and it was described as being a hybrid of both point and click and QTE. Interactive drama, basically. But it's still a game. That's my issue with some of the posters here, they're refusing to acknowledge it, just because some ignorant blogger made an outlandish claim.

Ok but then you have to accept that a lot of people won't like this game even if it's getting good reviews by critics. This is the pure definition of ''overrated'' critics.

You see my friend, here's where my problem lies: They're just saying this as a means of supposedly getting back at the blogger, not because they played the game or even tried the demo.

Maybe they are saying this because it's just the simple truth... You can just watch some trailers of HR and find out quickly if it's your kind of game or not, you don't have necessarily to spend some money to rent or buy the game to see if it fits your gaming tastes.

Around the Network

"...seeing that Nintendo has neither the hardware nor the SOFTWARE to compete with Sony and Microsoft..."

LOL, we'll see...

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

If gaming needs Heavy rain and people want something different then why will NSMBW sell 20 million in it's first year(or something close) and Heavy rain will struggly to get 2 million in it's lifetime?

It makes you wonder how stupid the human race can be sometimes.

atma998 said:
huaxiong90 said:
atma998 said:
huaxiong90 said:
atma998 said:
huaxiong90 said:
atma998 said:
huaxiong90 said:
Smashchu2 said:
"Heavy Rain is a glimpse at what the future of gaming holds."

Heck NO. Heavy Rain is the worst thing that happened to games. We don't need games where you play boring real life attributes. We don't need games where all you do is press buttons as they appear on the screen. We don't need games with piss poor stories pawning themselves off as "revolutionary."

So what's your excuse for the good reviews?

If you haven't played the game, keep these silly comments to yourself.

Did you ever seen a game with the top graphics of its gen having bad reviews, even if the gameplay is bad and/or boring? I doesnt say Heavy Rain's gameplay is bad and/or boring but I'm just asking... As far as I know the critics are for the most part ''graphics whores''.

I understand that, and you have a point (Crysis, I'm looking at you, which I think is more of a 80's range game). But reading reviews on metacritic, most of them praise Heavy Rain's story and dialogue.

Like I said, I strongly disagree with the OP, but it is no excuse for some people here to moan like children and flame Heavy Rain with generalized/baseless bull****.

Did I talked about the story and dialogue of HR? I was talking about the most important consideration while playing a video game: gameplay. 

Well about that, they said it may not be for everyone, even though they think it works well, and it was described as being a hybrid of both point and click and QTE. Interactive drama, basically. But it's still a game. That's my issue with some of the posters here, they're refusing to acknowledge it, just because some ignorant blogger made an outlandish claim.

Ok but then you have to accept that a lot of people won't like this game even if it's getting good reviews by critics. This is the pure definition of ''overrated'' critics.

You see my friend, here's where my problem lies: They're just saying this as a means of supposedly getting back at the blogger, not because they played the game or even tried the demo.

Maybe they are saying this because it's just the simple truth... You can just watch some trailers of HR and find out quickly if it's your kind of game or not, you don't have necessarily to spend some money to rent or buy the game to see if it fits your gaming tastes.

I can see that as being as the case for guiduc and the guy before him, fair enough, even though they can at least be a little considerate and call it a "game".

But it is most definitely not the case for smashchu2. The game is not linear, for one. And second of all, you can't determine how good a story is without playing the game from start to end.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Samus Aran said:

If gaming needs Heavy rain and people want something different then why will NSMBW sell 20 million in it's first year(or something close) and Heavy rain will struggly to get 2 million in it's lifetime?

It makes you wonder how stupid the human race can be sometimes.

Agreed.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

Yeah, I expected a WiiHD and I got what, some Metroid news!? Outrageous!

@ some people:
Please, you don't have to like Heavy Rain but there's no need to troll the game.

Short answer: HAHA

Long answer. HAHAHAHAHAHHA

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
Short answer: HAHA

Long answer. HAHAHAHAHAHHA

Hey, you are not taking this seriously!

miz1q2w3e said:
^^ "gaming" doesn't, movies however would be pretty cool if they were interatcive like this

What kind of game are we playing here?

Make fun of a genre that you don't understand? How do you win, by losing all respect?

The person that wrote the article is less than clueless... PS3 shortages? Well, guess what, Wii shortages are happening. Nintendo cannot keep up with demand. Nintendo hasn't even released the black Wii in North America yet. Some people...

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org