By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo missed a major opportunity

Smashchu2 said:
"Heavy Rain is a glimpse at what the future of gaming holds."

Heck NO. Heavy Rain is the worst thing that happened to games. We don't need games where you play boring real life attributes. We don't need games where all you do is press buttons as they appear on the screen. We don't need games with piss poor stories pawning themselves off as "revolutionary."

So what's your excuse for the good reviews?

If you haven't played the game, keep these silly comments to yourself.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

LOL, funny article.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I looked into this blogger's other posts. He's the same guy who said that third party games don't sell on the Wii a few weeks ago, states that Natal will revolutionize gaming and that Sony and Nintendo are "notorious for ripping off the competition", and comments on SMG2's launch date as "the day when you have to get your Wii out of the closet again". The only rational explanation for the existence of this blog is satire.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

joke article

huaxiong90 said:
Smashchu2 said:

Heck NO. Heavy Rain is the worst thing that happened to games. We don't need games where you play boring real life attributes. We don't need games where all you do is press buttons as they appear on the screen. We don't need games with piss poor stories pawning themselves off as "revolutionary."

Did you ever seen a game with the top graphics of its gen having bad reviews, even if the gameplay is bad and/or boring? I doesnt say Heavy Rain's gameplay is bad and/or boring but I'm just asking... As far as I know the critics are for the most part ''graphics whores''.

Around the Network

The biggest problem that Nintendo faces is next gen, not this gen. This gen they have it in the bag, they are outselling the competition right now with ease and without any major releases and I'm sure it will be the same once Arc and Natal are released. Next gen they have to figure out how to be just as successful as this gen which is going to be incredibly hard. How do you repeat the major success of the Wii with such a massive casual following?

Nintendo's going to end in first this gen and that's that.

ok

huaxiong90 said:
Smashchu2 said:

My excuse: People have horrible taste in games.

And I never need to play Heavy Rain. From what I've seen (like, the first two hours of the game), it's very linear and wether or not you press the buttons, the story chugs on. Heck, the player messed up a QTE to dodge a truck and still lived. There is no reason for me to ever have to play Heavy Rain and the movie I'm watching is a D movie at best with loads of plotholes and, bad themes, and with bad motion capture. I'd go out of my way and call it the worst game ever made. Heck, people could at least PLAY that bad E.T. game on the Atari. You can't play heavy Rain. QTE are an illusion of gameplay when you're really just watching the movie play out.

Lol @ joke thread. XD

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

atma998 said:
huaxiong90 said:
Smashchu2 said:

Did you ever seen a game with the top graphics of its gen having bad reviews, even if the gameplay is bad and/or boring? I doesnt say Heavy Rain's gameplay is bad and/or boring but I'm just asking... As far as I know the critics are for the most part ''graphics whores''.

I understand that, and you have a point (Crysis, I'm looking at you, which I think is more of a 80's range game). But reading reviews on metacritic, most of them praise Heavy Rain's story and dialogue.

Like I said, I strongly disagree with the OP, but it is no excuse for some people here to moan like children and flame Heavy Rain with generalized/baseless bull****.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!