By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kratos is such a lame character

Kratos is super lame his only depth is when he pussies up when thinking about his family. Other than that all of his problems are solved by killing things, even when it is completely unnecessary and/or mind bogglingly dumb of an idea.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

Kratos will F**K your s**t up!!!!

darthdevidem01 said:
I agree he's a very boring character!

Solid Snake & Lightning FTW!

they should mate & have children imo!

...No, never. 

Plus, they aren't animals

twesterm said:
SmokedHostage said:
Kratos isn't lame. He's just the manifestation of ideas that teens and tween associate with masculinity.

I bet if a strong woman who was also pretty but not too pretty and could manipulate men and ascend to power, you'd be saying she's lame right now.

And that's just boring.  Give me something like Gordon Freeman, a giant nerd who I can identify with doing awesome things and that's cool.  Give me something like Kratos constantly doing the same expected brutal characters and it was interesting when he first appeared on the scene, now it's just boring.

So when Gordan Freeman, as a nerd, goes around shooting guns that makes him unique, whereas the captain of the spartan army doing things you would actually expect him to do makes hime boring or lame? That's a crock.

I survived the Apocalyps3

SmokedHostage said:
Garnett said:
The thing is every character now a days trys to be "Bad ass" in every game with a story you get the typical bullshit character, if Kratos is bad ass (bad ass = the new norm now) what is the new bad ass?

Those that don't try to be badass, the ones that are corny and likeable are the new "bad ass."

Enter: Nathan Drake

Around the Network

Kratos is a perfect character for this game. Can you imagine a character with a great personality (Nathan Drake perhaps) in Kratos' situation? Yeah, you cannot...

Guys... twesterm is just after VG$ :P It's fairly obvious he has no idea what he is talking about, and I think even he himself knows he has no argument whatsoever to prove his point.

All in all I think he succeeded.

That is such a (lame) typical nerds discussion...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Garnett said:
Scoobes said:
Well... in terms of depth and just genrally being original most video game character are lame as they're generally very one dimensional:

Master Chief? lame
Marcus Fenix? lame
Lara Croft? lame (although the models and Angelina Jolie are hot)
The Prince? lame
Most Final Fantasy characters? generic and lame
Duke Nukem? funny, perverted, but still lame
Nathan Drake? interesting and funny, but fairly generic
Every character in Resident Evil? lame

If you want an interesting character play Planescape Torment or a Bioware game.

Let me counter these points

• Master Chief- He doesnt do shit so i kinda agree hes lame.
  • Marcus Fenix - Boring and Stale as shit
  • Lara Croft - Hawt
  • The Prince- Dont give a shit about him
  • FF Characters JRPG Characters - Agree there all the same, just like i mentioned in the other thread about Anime characters.

How can you say Drake is Lame? Hes the new bad ass! Hes not 6 foot 7 with a red mohawk and ex body builder screaming about some bullshit with no personality. Its those things he doesn't have which makes him a bad ass. Hes different and people like it. 

When he said "Great, power's out, and a girl's trapped. I swear to God, if there's a zombie around the next corner..." That automatically makes him better than 90% of game characters.

I don't think I used the word lame when describing nathan Drake . He's generic... because Naughty Dog saw Nathan Fillion and thought "let's make a game about him and call him Nathan Drake instead". Basically, we've seen his character before in TV and Film.

slowmo said:
toru_bozu said:
twesterm said:
Torillian said:
For him to look generic don't there have to be a lot of characters that look like him and makes it hard to pick him out of a crowd? I find it hard to believe that you couldn't pick Kratos out of a lineup of Action Game heroes.

He actually makes himself generic because every picture/gif you see of him he's either in the same pose or doing some brutal thing.  He does so many brutal things that he makes the act seem generic and not-amazing.

Again, don't get me wrong, the game looks amazing and it's actually a good game I'm sure because they do those kind of games right, it's just Kratos is painfully uniteresting.

Khuutra said:
twesterm said:

I get what they're doing with him, it's just they tried so hard that they just made him boring.  I guess that's what happens when you make a game that dictates you must be doing something amazingly brutal every 15 minutes but when all he does is that it just loses any of its value.

When was the last time you actually played a God of War game?

As I said in the OP, the first God of War.  I'm just basing this off the countless random gifs,sigs, and avatars I see of him.  I see those and he's always doing about the same thing and he just makes it boring.

LOL! Judging just base on that... lame~

Same old same old. Uncharted's shiny rock.

twesterm said:
psrock said:
Funny thing, those are the type threads Twesterm used to closed for being nothing but useless just having no point.

Just one day after we got amazing videos of this great game, you decide to make such a thread,

imagine if I had made this after the Nintendo Summit:

Samus is boring

Waht do you think would happen?

Good thing I'm not a mod anymore!

(I was actually thinking about that after I made the thread :-p)

Not suprising...

He gave up that duty for his own reasons, he wasn't stripped of the title.  I would wait till you've been around a little longer before you jump to conclusions regarding Twesterm.

No, he didn't...

IIRC, he didn't even know that he's not a mod anymore LOL. I'm not jumping to a conclusion or anything.

Though I only created my account couple years ago, but I've been onlooker since the early VGC. And it's seem that I've been around a litle longer here than you :) It's just that I rarely post.