By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kratos is such a lame character

you know who's not lame? the pyro in team fortress 2, apparantly it's a chick and she's suppose to be hotter then princess peach which is hard to do

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
Garnett said:
libellule said:
letsdance said:
being bad ass is lame?

I guess Gears of War is a lame game.

no, but the Gears and Unreal character design is shittest ones ever made in history ...

big arm, big head, big muscle, big p**** ...

that is lame.

Yes Gears is really lame, there all big,cocky and buff but when they die and you walk past them and slightly touch them there filed with helium and go bouncing all over the place, Lame.

OT- Why do you think people like Uncharted so much? Because Drake isn't 6 foot 7 ex body builder with a mohawk hunting down gods and tearing there heads off while screaming about some bullshit. Drake has a personality,Kratos is boring and has no story, hes just another Broly.

LOL, complete fail on this one

it is because Nathan drake doesnt look badass that he does not sell that much with the first game
and it is the massive review push that allowed the second game to do better

For the average teen :

Bayonetta : not enought badass (a girl cant be badass) = bad sales like uncharted 1

Darksyder : badass big sword/penis character = big sales like Gears

Time to Work !

I actually kinda get what twesterm is saying.

That said, it's harder to appreciate Kratos because he's meant to be as inhuman and out-of-his-mind-with-rage as possible and so we can't really relate to him or see much depth to his character in the way that you can with Drake or Snake.

marios is the lamest one but who cares?

I think that we shud let this thread fade of into the sunset

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

Around the Network
ljigga said:
I think that we shud let this thread fade of into the sunset

Yo that gif is sick.

Lostplanet22 said:
What Kratos miss is a sense of humour;.....Like other tough guys....Duke Nukem, Marcus Phenix. Would make it more interesting.

That would defeat the purpose of the Kratos Character. A sense of humor has absolutely no place in the God Of War games. 

psrock said:
What we want from Kratos:

A little emotion, stop killing everything

cry a little, it does help release emotional pain

Kratos needs to stop releasing ( Gifs, trailors, pics) of him killing so much, how about holding a flower or a cup of tea sometimes.

If we ignore the last two games, the stories, the great amount time spent trying to get those puzzles done, the emotional anguish that made the man kill himself, I think Twesterm has a point.

Well he showed a little emotion when he killed some people.Can't say who and when because i will spoil it for someone.But he was sad for about 5 seconds.Then he got angry again :P

Anyway. Kratos is an Anti-hero.Anyone who wants a humorous,joyfull or emotional character has plenty of games to chose from.I always loved Anti-heroes so Kratos is on the top of my list.Was a bastard to begin with,sold his soul to win a war,did something by mistake that made him change his perspective and then ,while he could have been a completely different man the gods denied him his rightful payment.Everything he cared about is gone and revenge is the only thing on his mind.he's so stubborn that he won't stop until everyone pays even if that means the end of the world.And he fears nothing.

Does this guy sound boring to you?

I get what you're saying, but I can relate to how Kratos feels and he does the type of things I could only dream of doing...he's interesting to me because I play video games to take a break from reality and have a good time in a fantasized. Kratos delivers the fun factor.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

twesterm said:
Scoobes said:
Well... in terms of depth and just genrally being original most video game character are lame as they're generally very one dimensional:

Master Chief? lame
Marcus Fenix? lame
Lara Croft? lame (although the models and Angelina Jolie are hot)
The Prince? lame
Most Final Fantasy characters? generic and lame
Duke Nukem? funny, perverted, but still lame
Nathan Drake? interesting and funny, but fairly generic
Every character in Resident Evil? lame

If you want an interesting character play Planescape Torment or a Bioware game.

But at least those lame/generic characters change things up.

From what I seeonly in random trailers, gifs, advertisements, ect:

• Master Chief has multiplayer, shoots guns, and drives vehicles.
  • Fenix has multiplayer, has a chainsaw, shoots guns, and at least tries to have something other than super macho-man xtreme attitude
  • Lara Croft...
  • The Prince (I don't actually play or pay attention to these games >_>)
  • Final Fantasy characters - agree, but at least there are a lot of them so they spread out the bad
  • Duke Nukem - kicks ass, is funny
  • Nathan Drake - platforms, shoots, like a movie
  • Resident Evil - atmosphere, shooting, story
  • God of War - he's always brutal

I think the only time I haven't seen Kratos do burtal stuff was around when God of War II came out and he was trying to kill himself by jumping off a cliff or something like that.  In that one time I actually heard more than grunts and killing!  Other than that, it's ripping guys heads off, ripping their nails off, cutting through them, same ol, same ol.

It's actually sad that any other character from any other game doing any of the things Kratos does on a regular basis would be bad-ass but since it's all Kratos does when he does it, it just seems boring.

Those other above characters may be able to be simplified into simple one dimensional things, but at least they have some sort of variety and that's what I'm getting at. 

Any time anything God of War is mentioned, it's only Kratos being brutal.  Unless you played  and loved the game, you have no reason to assume he's anything other than boring and lame.  Why would I want to play a game that every advertisement about it makes me think he's boring?

Really Twesterm?  Really?

I actually agree with you that Kratos is a pretty one-dimensional character.  I think you probably meant one-dimensional rather than generic, since as Torillian pointed out, if you're using the word correctly, there would have to be a few other characters very similar to Kratos before you can give him the generic badge.

But despite the fact that I think I agree with you, I have to say, that list you made could be picked apart by any grammar phobic twelve year old fanboy on this site.

Unless you were trying to prove that every character on that list is actually as generic or more generic and one-dimensional than Kratos?  Marcus Fenix is unique because he has guns?(??)  He's in a world that could be any other space-marine-against-the-insects sci fi world, he has classic and undeveloped problems with authority, he's the white guy who keeps his cool when his uber tough ethnic sidekicks get completely broken by the bad guys on his journey to becoming a hero.  That's the freaking guide book on making a hero for a groan-worthy action movie.  I'll give you the chainsaw bayonets, though.  Completely awesome.  (We'll ignore the fact that the main melee weapon in Warhammer 40k, which has been around for over two decades, is a chainsword.)

I also think this thread is in questionable taste when you've readily admitted that the frustration with other people's hype has led you to say how much you hate a character based on trailers and animated gifs.

(So all that hate for Kratos isn't coming from playing the actual game.  It's coming from getting annoyed at people who are talking about and posting gifs of him on a message board.  Which you've got to admit sounds pretty lame.)