By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kratos is such a lame character

He definitely looks lame.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Eh, I'm too tired to read right now, just going to say what I think.

He is the God of War. He is pure Bruatlity, Vengeance and Hatred he doesn't give a **it about anyone. He only cares for himself and hell, he may not even care for that, lol.

You will never see Kratos happy, it just won't happen.  Sure Sony COULD put up a dumbass AD that portrays Kratos something he isn't at all.

Edit: It would be like seeing Marilyn Manson praying to Jesus.

Oh and just for you twest :P

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

toru_bozu said:
slowmo said:
toru_bozu said:
twesterm said:
Torillian said:
For him to look generic don't there have to be a lot of characters that look like him and makes it hard to pick him out of a crowd? I find it hard to believe that you couldn't pick Kratos out of a lineup of Action Game heroes.

He actually makes himself generic because every picture/gif you see of him he's either in the same pose or doing some brutal thing.  He does so many brutal things that he makes the act seem generic and not-amazing.

Again, don't get me wrong, the game looks amazing and it's actually a good game I'm sure because they do those kind of games right, it's just Kratos is painfully uniteresting.

Khuutra said:
twesterm said:

I get what they're doing with him, it's just they tried so hard that they just made him boring.  I guess that's what happens when you make a game that dictates you must be doing something amazingly brutal every 15 minutes but when all he does is that it just loses any of its value.

When was the last time you actually played a God of War game?

As I said in the OP, the first God of War.  I'm just basing this off the countless random gifs,sigs, and avatars I see of him.  I see those and he's always doing about the same thing and he just makes it boring.

LOL! Judging just base on that... lame~

Same old same old. Uncharted's shiny rock.

twesterm said:
psrock said:
Funny thing, those are the type threads Twesterm used to closed for being nothing but useless just having no point.

Just one day after we got amazing videos of this great game, you decide to make such a thread,

imagine if I had made this after the Nintendo Summit:

Samus is boring

Waht do you think would happen?

Good thing I'm not a mod anymore!

(I was actually thinking about that after I made the thread :-p)

Not suprising...

He gave up that duty for his own reasons, he wasn't stripped of the title.  I would wait till you've been around a little longer before you jump to conclusions regarding Twesterm.

No, he didn't...

IIRC, he didn't even know that he's not a mod anymore LOL. I'm not jumping to a conclusion or anything.

Though I only created my account couple years ago, but I've been onlooker since the early VGC. And it's seem that I've been around a litle longer here than you :) It's just that I rarely post.

Well IIRC you're talking garbage so I'll take my word for it over yours cheers.  I'm not surprised you don't post often on your alt account....

twesterm said:
libellule said:
Where is your thread about Dante, you know, the hero of Dante Inferno ?

Because IF kratos is lame, I dont know what is Dante ....

Or I killed your thread ... or you will have to prove your point.

Site note : this is really amazing, all can be said about this game but, seriously, Kratos being lame or boring ... lol
but what is Bayonetta so ?

Joke of the year, seriously !

I don't care about Dante's Inferno because I already hate that game on principal.  If they had even just called it something other than Dante's Inferno and kept it very loosely based on the poem, I could ignore it in peace.  But anyways, off topic.

I'm not sure how pointing out that Dante is bad character kills the thread though...

Khuutra said:
twesterm said:
Khuutra said:

When was the last time you actually played a God of War game?

As I said in the OP, the first God of War.  I'm just basing this off the countless random gifs,sigs, and avatars I see of him.  I see those and he's always doing about the same thing and he just makes it boring.

I meant to ask when, but I will assume that you played that at launch.

Twesterm.

Buddy.

Love and respect, etc.

But you haven't played a God of War game in five years. Random .gifs put together by fans who don't know interesting character moments from holes in their feet do not make for a familiarity with the character. You don't have the perspective to talk about whether or not Kratos makes things boring!

You are free to do it when you beat God of War 2, though.

This is the stuff shown to me so it's what I have to work with.  In a few years I might give the series another go but for now, people keep showing off all these random gifs.  Like the head one (that I thought the guys mouth was just missing a texture for the longest time) and now that I thread I linked to in the beginning, it's all him doing the same stuff.  In every still, it's just screenshots of those.  They're all the same and he just makes it boring and mundane to me.

I'm not saying the game is bad, again, they're great at making God of War God of War.  There's a reason everyone copies that gameplay because they did an excellent job at it, but Kratos, damn, he just isn't interesting.  He should be interesting it seems, but he just isn't.

You don't know that. Tell me any game where the gif gave you a 3 dimensional view of a char ?

well ?

there isn't one. That's right.

Before making this thread you should refresh your memory and play gow 2. Either that or say that he appears boring based on gifs alone. Sure you have now, but that's not what you say in the OP. Frankly this is like someone talking about something that they don't know about.

Check out my game about moles ^