By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy 2/Metroid confirmed for June-August period

TX109 said:
oh cmon! i only have so much money!

The Sony fans are out there working two jobs. Are you gonna let them beat you?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to go and clean up.

Why? This video should explain it to you.

Well I kinda knew Metroid: Other M would be releasing in Q2 FY 2011 but I'm surprised that Galaxy 2 will be as well. It makes me wonder what is going to be releasing in Q3 FY 2011 or the holiday quarter. Obviously we will see something in the Wii series/vitality sensor area as we usually do, but usually they have 2 big releases.

Announced right now, all we know of is Zelda Wii, which has been stated by Iwata to be trying to make a 2010 release. But once again, Nintendo won't release a Zelda game they aren't sure of. Of course they hardly ever release the console ones outside of a big selling period because this is one of their biggest franchises. Xenoblade, Last Story, Kirby Wii, Line Attack Heroes, Sin and Punishment 2, etc will probably release throughout the year but its doubtful any of them are "big" holiday releases although depending on how Nintendo approaches Last Story it could be one of those "big" games in Japan.

Meaning if it isn't Zelda, which I'm thinking it won't because you can't rely on Zelda to be "perfect" as Nintendo would say on a certain time frame. Meaning we can probably expect another "prominent" franchise to be announced at E3 (doubtful this event or GDC) or maybe a new IP that they are going to go bit with. Or maybe we just really don't know how far along Zelda Wii is where that will be their big holiday title along with something in the Wii series. All I know, is by releasing namely Galaxy as a precursor to the holiday season, Nintendo is really stacking the cards this year. Anytime a Mario game isn't your big holiday game, you know you are going big haha.

Soriku said:
Mr Khan said:
woopah said:
so its gunna be

may- xenoblade in japan

june- galaxy2

august- metroid other M

september- wii vitality

october- retros title

november- zelda

What about Last Story?

We need moar!

July?

i see Last Story as an E3 title, coming to the west in 2011

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Pokemon RPG for the Wii is the holiday title; heard it here first, folks!

Around the Network

im looking forward to metroid other M, the colab with tecmo should make a good game.

galaxy 2 im more worried about as it will be same as galaxy 1

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
im looking forward to metroid other M, the colab with tecmo should make a good game.

You realise your complaining about Nintendo repeating gaming perfection, right?  I think theyve proved its possible before.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Skeeuk said:

Same? they say it's 90-95% new stuff in SMG2

Complaining about it being the same is like complaining that Gears of War 2 is just like Gears of War 1 or MGS4 Like MGS3 or Halo 3 like Halo2.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Thank Zues they're out in Summer. Or at least should be.

I'll have plenty of time to play them!

That is it will we get 3 Wii games in the race for GOTY ...

and Zelda should take it ...

-Brighter days are on our ways my dear Nintendo friends its time to celebrate...in fact just wait a couple of hours more to watch the trailer for other M ^~)

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!