By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII, Metacritic 84

Naum said:
If it recieve the same meta score as FFXII I won't buy it until it's in the bargain bin

Some of the best games this gen have had a score in the 80-90 range.

...FFXII had a metascore of 92. There's like three Final Fantasy games that outscored it.

Around the Network
Fab_GS said:
AngelosL said:
It can't be Worse than X...

You think X is bad?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

*removes AngelosL from my friends list*

I think VII, VIII, and X-2 are bad

I blame the Xbox 360. Just kidding.

Nah, but honestly, I think Square Enix (Or Yoichi Wada, to be precise) tried too hard to make it mainstream.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Khuutra said:
Naum said:
If it recieve the same meta score as FFXII I won't buy it until it's in the bargain bin

Some of the best games this gen have had a score in the 80-90 range.

...FFXII had a metascore of 92. There's like three Final Fantasy games that outscored it.

Well 10 Final Fantasy games should be ahead of it as it was the 2nd worst Mainline FF game (behind 11), but still a 9/10 game!

you know it to be true khuutra!!!!!

The metacritic should go up

all those import reviews there will be replaced with the western version reviews....ofcourse there's no guarantee the reviews for the western version are higher, but many times that is what happens.

Next week we should start getting the big reviews in, it should settle between 88 - 91

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Khuutra said:

Well 10 Final Fantasy games should be ahead of it as it was the 2nd worst Mainline FF game (behind 11), but still a 9/10 game!

you know it to be true khuutra!!!!!

I'm not here tto argue about the quality of FFXII, of which my opinion is well-known. I was simply pointing out the problem of discouting games because of their metacritic scores in relation to others.

Around the Network

Soooo an 84 is bad how? .... seriously people....since when has an 84 been bad? I like white knight chronicles which as we all know got a 5.2 from ign.

Not everything can recieve a 9+ score deal with it it's not like it got bad reviews by any means since when has mid 80's been bad?

When you were in highschool and you got an 84 on your math test did you want to commit suicide at how bad of a score it was? The correct answer is no ....its an 84.... a C (75) is average so if i'm not mistaken an 84 is above average right?

All the posters above me who say they aren't going to get the game because the metacritic score is to low....all I have to say to you is seriously???

perpride said:
DEPRESSING!!! especially when you look at my sig.! should have never trusted Western reviewers :(

I think it still has a chance to go up...90 may be a far shot though.

I'll tell you guys right now, I've played EVERY SINGLE game in the series, and so far, XIII is easily in the top 3.

So you tell me you've played IV,VI,VII,IX and you consider this action game to be in the top 3? Cause I've played every single one of them as well.including the stupid spin offs....

84 is bad for a franchises like FFXIII...If the new installment of Sonic gets a 84 it would be great...

blazinhead89 said:
It wont matter either way if FF XIII gets AAA or not. If it gets AAA haters would shout "Bias, Overhype", etc, If it scores below 90% average haters would use metacritic as proof of their claims. Funny how that works.

Actually, I agree with your first statement about being overhyped/bias if it becomes a 90+ AAA title on Metacritic. But if it stays lower, the only haters that would pop out will be Sony fanboys blaming its lower score on the Xbox 360 :p

@Lolz

See a grade C in Ireland is anything over 55%. Not sure about the rest of europe but 55% is considered "Average". Anything above 69% ie a b is great, and anything above 84% (A) is outstanding.