By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII, Metacritic 84

Wagram said:
FF X is my 2nd favorite, and XII is my 4th fav in the series. So I don't expect to be let down by SE, they never do when it comes to the main series.

I take it your favorite is VIII? :p

Around the Network

Indeed. ^^

AngelosL said:
perpride said:
Christhor said:
perpride said:
nordlead said:
Lostplanet22 said:
Possible that it will drop more....Lucky it is not a PS3 exclusive anymore =p.

if it was an exclusive I'd bet it would be at 93 right now

anyways, if Nintendo games are to go by 84 might just mean best game in the series ever

so true....if it was PS3 exclusive it would be a 93 and the hype on VGC would be a billion times more. It's actually quite pathetic that the media has such sad biases.

I would hype it if it was Ps3 exclusive, really? It's just made by the team that made the worst FF, it's linear and doesn't have many towns (just like FFX) and Square has sacrificed a lot of the quality of FF titles just to streamline it and make it more popular. This would be the worst FF even if it was exclusive.

Worst FF? Final Fantasy X is one of the greatest games ever created...nevermind worst FF.

@Khuutra - I'm with you on this one buddy!!! FFXII is one of the highlights of the series for me. A masterpiece in almost every way. Greatest plot in....welll in a damn long time.

@AngelosL - Yes...I mean to tell you I've played every game in the series. EVERY SINGLE GAME except for the new Crystal Chronicles for Wii. That's a lot of freaking games...and Final Fantasy XIII just made it's way into the top 3...above all but VII and XII. By the time I'm finished it may even overtake those, but currently not.

@PSRock - I'm fully aware that a lot of PS3 games are hated on or even don't make it to AAA status on metacritic. But I also 100% believe that if FFXIII was still an exclusive, it would be rated higher right now, possibly the highest rated FF to date. I'm saying this as someone who has the game and is almost finished beating it.

@Fab_Ss - Everything you said made PERFECT sense untill you started hating on FFXII.

Anyway FFXIII is gangster you should all try it.

Well I'm glad you liked XII , I expected you to be a FFX supporter :P  .XII was different but one of my favorites as well. I guess I'll just wait and see...

I'm with y'all about FFXII being actually good. The storyline wasn't as cheesy and moronic as it has been the case with latest FF series. The world was big and you can actually travel in it rather than you move the cursor to your next destination. Sure, the combat wasn't to the taste of most JRPG fans and even if it's kinda MMORPGish it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I mean, what's the difference between waiting for your character to hit again and waiting for the gauge bar to hit X all over again? Overall, in modern era I have the series ranked as follows (main series only cuz FF Tactics would take number 1 spot)

Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 12
Final Fantasy 9
Finaly Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 10

FF11 doesn't deserve to be on this list btw.  

Yes it does. It is one of the best MMOs in existence.

Fab_GS said:

You mean the best or one of the best, right? 'Cause the worst FF is either IX or XII.

Removes you from friends list........ after checking my friends list, you are not in my list, 'adds Fab_GS to friends list' immediately removes Fab :P

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network
Fab_GS said:
Christhor said:
perpride said:
nordlead said:
Lostplanet22 said:

anyways, if Nintendo games are to go by 84 might just mean best game in the series ever

so true....if it was PS3 exclusive it would be a 93 and the hype on VGC would be a billion times more. It's actually quite pathetic that the media has such sad biases.

I would hype it if it was Ps3 exclusive, really? It's just made by the team that made the worst FF, it's linear and doesn't have many towns (just like FFX) and Square has sacrificed a lot of the quality of FF titles just to streamline it and make it more popular. This would be the worst FF even if it was exclusive.

You mean the best or one of the best, right? 'Cause the worst FF is either IX or XII.

You're serious? That actually one of the best IMHO. I heard XII's story was too political and the character development was horrible, and the gameplay was very slowpaced, yet for some reason, it got pretty good scores. Its a shame that this game has an 83 on Metacritic, its quality is comparable to that of FFX, actually its very similar to FFX in terms of design and progression.

This is the true definition of owning.

This proves that JRPGs will not get a free pass this gen, no matter how big the name is. Demon's Souls will remain the highest acclaimed one.

Lurker said:
This proves that JRPGs will not get a free pass this gen, no matter how big the name is. Demon's Souls will remain the highest acclaimed one.

Quite annoying that WRPGs are getting the free pass as well. Other than Mass Effect 1, and well 2 isn't a WRPG.

Lurker said:

Exactly. RPG critics have converted over to wrpg and have been quite critical of jrpgs for awhile now. Since even before FF12. But FF12 was saved from criticism because it was a great departure from the jrpg formula. Persona 4 was critically acclaimed for similar reasons (and it was released well into the "I'm sick of jrpgs" era). It wasn't a cookie cutter jrpg. It stood out from the crowd. Demon's Souls, while it finished short of AAA status, also stood out and that's why it was in the high 80s.

I think Final Fantasy is on the decline in the west. No way I see this game coming close to FFX figures. I could see it outselling FFXII but it's expected to do that.

Fab_GS said:
Christhor said:
perpride said:
nordlead said:
Lostplanet22 said:

* Glares *