By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII, Metacritic 84

I'm quite surprised. Most over hyped HD games nowadays don't score less than a 90...

Around the Network

FFXIII Metascore 84 and falling. The most favourable reviews were released early. The critical reviewers will slice and dice this game. Edge and Euro Gamer will be highly critical of this game maybe 6 or 7s from them.

I expect 8.2 from IGN and an 8 from Game Trailers.

"FF13 84 in metacritics"

So.......w8 I forgot this gen anything below 90 isn't worth playing, ITS NOT AAA ZOMG!!(puts gun in my mouth)

Its AAA in sales but not so much in critical reception from the press....
We'll see when the embargo lifts. Highest rated game in March will be either GOW3 or BF2.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

I'm expecting it to go below 80. It has too many things going against so that it'll get docked points.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
More importantly, do you think this is going to impact its sales? I think not, the FF name is too great to bring down. It will still sell less than previous FFs though, as JRPGs are in a serious decline.

Boy, Square Enix and Wada in particular are in for a dissapointment.

What it loses in sales on PS3 it'll make up for on 360. Combining the 2 versions sales should crack 5 million no problem, and that will be plenty good enough for Square Enix.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

It'll be in the mid to late 70's when all is said and done, they strayed to far with this one.

binary solo said:
routsounmanman said:
More importantly, do you think this is going to impact its sales? I think not, the FF name is too great to bring down. It will still sell less than previous FFs though, as JRPGs are in a serious decline.

Boy, Square Enix and Wada in particular are in for a dissapointment.

What it loses in sales on PS3 it'll make up for on 360. Combining the 2 versions sales should crack 5 million no problem, and that will be plenty good enough for Square Enix.

They've said that they want it to outsell FFVII.

Negatives:
Too many long extended CGI cut scenes and not enough gameplay.
No towns - developers too lazy, lack of open world, too linear for an RPG, long boring repetitive grind.

Positives:
Final Fantasy game. Last final fantasy main series game ever.
Cutting edge graphics as expected from FF games.
Main game will take up to 30 hours. 64 side missions and the game will take up to 80 hours to get 100% completion.

numonex said:
Negatives:
Too many long extended CGI cut scenes and not enough gameplay.
No towns - developers too lazy, lack of open world, too linear for an RPG, long boring repetitive grind.

Positives:
Final Fantasy game. Last final fantasy main series game ever.
Cutting edge graphics as expected from FF games.
Main game will take up to 30 hours. 64 side missions and the game will take up to 80 hours to get 100% completion.

oh lawd.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.