By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Buy apparantly matching Super Mario Galaxy plus $25 gift card deal

Guys, just a heads up; Best Buy's are honoring it, but it doesn't seem that they have all gotten the message. I had to call around to 3 different stores before one of them said they would honor it.

As for that SKU listed above, take note that it's just a generic "MISC. DISCOUNT" SKU, and if they are giving you a hard time I doubt that throwing that number out there is going to help your case.

Call first before you go!

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Dammit, I just bought it from Best Buy.

It's within 30 days, go back and get your gift card.

Just left Best Buy. The cashier called like 4-5 managers - was in conference with one of them for like 8 to 9 minutes. According to the manager, it is a working sku for Rewards members and leaked to the public. He said they didn't see the info on their news site, but he would honor it this time.

Basically, he said it was inaccurate - and yet, I have the card. Weird ...

great deal for those without it already

BenKenobi88 said:
Dammit, I just bought it from Best Buy.

you probably could still get the gift card

Around the Network

I called my local (very crappy, money grubbing and ultra sales driven) Best Buy and they were quick to deny knowledge of any sort of deal (they obviously knew what I was talking about though). I tried to get them to look up the sku, but they kept repeating that they "don't match gift card deals".

sorry guys. I picked up that information from another forum and users were reporting success. at least a couple of you scored on the deal... good job, 'skillz...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Yeah, even if most people can't...a few people can always get the store to give them a deal...you just gotta do it right.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

yeah i work at the store, i posted a sign at the media department to make people aware of the 25 dollar giftcard when they buy mario

So if I go in there today I could pick up galaxy, get the gift card plunk down 20 more bucks and get Zack and wiki? If I buy galaxy will I need to then turn around and get zack and wiki, or can I just buy galaxy and ask for zack and wiki then use the card as they are ringing it up to do both my purchases at once?