By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Buy apparantly matching Super Mario Galaxy plus $25 gift card deal

madskillz said:
It's over with today - Saturday. If you didn't get it, you missed out.

I am gonna use that gift card on Bourne Ultimatum the day it drops.

And fun thing - I was watching "T-formers" on this sick Samsung 40" and I fell for it. There is this thing on it called "Auto Motion Plus 120Hz technology" and I am hooked. I will definitely hold off buying an LCD or plasma until I can get one with that Auto Motion junk. It made the movie look like I was looking into a window and put me right into the action. Does anyone have any info on that technology?

Depending on the manufacturer, the 120mhz can be several things.  Some are just inserting a black frame in between each 60 fps frame to create cleaner motion without as much blur (and of course better black levels).  There are a couple of sets out there that actually claim to take two frames say 1 and 2 of a 60 fps display and add a "1.5" that is "averged" between the two and creates a frame that did not exist before.  In doing so they create very fluid movements with no blur at all.  I don't know much more about the technology other than they are trying to create a super fluid animation without any blur whatsoever.

That said, I've seen Batman on an LG that has "fine motion" or something like that.  It's not a 120mhz set but does have anti-blur technology.  It had that "being there" look that to me looks like a soap opera rather than a movie.  i started another thread about this and frankly, I don't like it at all.  It doesn't look like a movie any more.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.