By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Buy apparantly matching Super Mario Galaxy plus $25 gift card deal

Best Buy is instituting a company wide price match for the TRU ad for Mario Galaxy for WII + 25$ Gift Card. Your best buy employee may not be aware as it was posted late closing tuesday night on the employee toolkit. Have the cashier ring up Mario Galaxy and enter promotional SKU # 6867688
It will bundle Mario with a $25 issued Gift Card.

If you are still having trouble, ask one of the media workers go check the news page, its right there at the top of the new news page.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

It should be the same timeframe as the Toys R Us deal.  Someone go check it out if you haven't gotten yours yet...  Damn, I wish I had known, as I need some stuff from BB and this would have helped.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I could be wrong but I heard the TRU one was for the first week only.

Awesome for those who have yet to get SMG.

I didn't hear anything about this when I closed last night. We have a Dry run or whatever tomorrow, so I'll check it out then.

Around the Network

Link please. I checked out the news page and can't find any info on this.

Dammit, I just bought it from Best Buy.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Thanks for the info. I printed your note and went to Toys-r-us for the third time in a row trying to get this... and they were out of stock again. They are still expecting another shipment before it expires.

Went to best buy, took awhile (they didn't know about it), but I was able to get my free $25 gift card! Was a little worried when I heard they were going to call toys-r-us to see if they had it in stock, but it probably took them too long to get an answer.

Anyways, it's not something Best Buy is going to advertise, but they are honoring it. :)

PS: It looks like they were down to 2 copies, and based on the space allocated they probably had at least 15 or 20.

If Circuit City made this deal, I'd go there in a heartbeat...as that's the store I'm going to for Black Friday...22" widescreen LCD monitor for $170 ftw!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Most stores will price match, so they probably will if you bring in a toys-r-us ad. Not positive about circuit-city, but I would say it's 90% likely they do... Only thing is, they probably will only honor it if the closest toys-r-us doesn't has it in stock, and I am not certain how long the sale is good for. I know it's at least good through this Saturday (tomorrow).