By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will 360 start to outsell PS3 WW in 2010?

When will 360 start to outsell PS3 WW in 2010?

It won't, PS3 will conti... 529 59.24%

First Quarter (Jan-March) 24 2.69%

Second Quarter (Apr-June) 108 12.09%

Third Quarter (July-Sept) 147 16.46%

Fourth Quarter (Oct-Dec) 84 9.41%

Total:892

jarrod, regardless of whether or not the 360 starts outselling the PS3 again, do you think 2nd place is already set in stone if we go with the idea the next gen will start in 2012?

Around the Network
jarrod said:
psrock said:
jarrod said:
psrock said:
jarrod said:
psrock said:
The biggest issue with MS is Japan.

PS3's fast dropping there, and seems the slim effect's wearing off faster in Japan than anywhere else.  Weekly it's now about 20k ahead of 360, which is admittedly better than last year (it was around 10k weekly then).  I don't think Japan will make all that much difference in the scheme of things, it's a lost cause for MS and a struggle for Sony.  Really, it's a market both should be worried about imo.

I know you couldn't wait to reply, but I was talking about Q4, where it won't sell 20k, right.

They blew their load last Q4 (slim+FFXIII).  It's only going to get worse in 2010, PS3's already peaked.

Though in fairness, things are even worse for MS/360... they blew their load in like 2008. :/

We said the same thing about the Wii in 2009, and look at the numbers they put up in Q4.

PS3 can't peak at $299, calm down.

It's not $299, it's 29800 yen.  Japan's also the market which price parity between PS2 and PS3 have always been closest (PS2 MSRP is still 16800 yen iirc), price sensitivity has never been much of an issue there.

They already played slim and FFXIII, which were by far their biggest cards.  Nothing notable coming up comes close to either really (GT5, Versus, Arc, etc).

It's still the most expensive console, right. So far, price cuts have been the biggest cards either the PS3 or 360 hav used on us. So again, calm down, it's february, you're just hoping right now. Last year around this time, people were calling out for Sony to Stop producing PS3. And, I remember people saying FFXIII was not such a big deal because most people who wanted the game bought it already.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
JGarret said:
jarrod, regardless of whether or not the 360 starts outselling the PS3 again, do you think 2nd place is already set in stone if we go with the idea the next gen will start in 2012?

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying 360 will EVER outsell PS3 in Japan again.  That ship's already sailed imo.

What I'm saying is that Japan will be a relatively small factor in the scheme of things, and it's already looking like the PS3's slim resurgence there is fizzling.  It'll still give Sony a solid 5-6m bump, but the west is really where things will be decided.

psrock said:
jarrod said:
psrock said:
jarrod said:
psrock said:
jarrod said:
psrock said:

PS3's fast dropping there, and seems the slim effect's wearing off faster in Japan than anywhere else.  Weekly it's now about 20k ahead of 360, which is admittedly better than last year (it was around 10k weekly then).  I don't think Japan will make all that much difference in the scheme of things, it's a lost cause for MS and a struggle for Sony.  Really, it's a market both should be worried about imo.

I know you couldn't wait to reply, but I was talking about Q4, where it won't sell 20k, right.

They blew their load last Q4 (slim+FFXIII).  It's only going to get worse in 2010, PS3's already peaked.

Though in fairness, things are even worse for MS/360... they blew their load in like 2008. :/

We said the same thing about the Wii in 2009, and look at the numbers they put up in Q4.

PS3 can't peak at $299, calm down.

It's not $299, it's 29800 yen.  Japan's also the market which price parity between PS2 and PS3 have always been closest (PS2 MSRP is still 16800 yen iirc), price sensitivity has never been much of an issue there.

They already played slim and FFXIII, which were by far their biggest cards.  Nothing notable coming up comes close to either really (GT5, Versus, Arc, etc).

It's still the most expensive console, right. So far, price cuts have been the biggest cards either the PS3 or 360 hav used on us. So again, calm down, it's february, you're just hoping right now. Last year around this time, people were calling out for Sony to Stop producing PS3. And, I remember people saying FFXIII was not such a big deal because most people who wanted the game bought it already.

PS3 launched at the same price as PS2 in Japan (adjusted for inflation).  Again, price hasn't been PS3's problem in Japan.  Take a breath, it's okay.

jarrod said:
psrock said:

PS3 launched at the same price as PS2 in Japan (adjusted for inflation).  Again, price hasn't been PS3's problem in Japan.  Take a breath, it's okay.

I think you like to hear yourself argue. let me put an end to it.

When has early months made such a difference? The 360 outsold the ps3 from late 2008 to Sept 2009 and yet the PS3 was able to outsell the 360 by over a million in just 2 months in the late quaters. I suspect the same thing will happen again, but to lesser figure since the PS3 is a little more affordable now.

Guessing Japan 4th quater sales in Feb is impossible, you don't know what these consoles have to bring yet.

lol@inflation excuse.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:

Yes 360 will outsell the PS3 in Q4 in NA, but a small margin
yes the PS3 will outsell the 360 in OTHERS by a small margin

The PS3 will destroy the 360 in JAPAN
THE 360 will beat up on ps3 IN UK

Now, someone explain me how 360 will beat the PS3?

are you being sarcastic. look at those %ages on the page before

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Either in a week or two if the 'supply' drops any further or perhaps in September when Halo: Reach releases followed by Natal and an early easter bunny.

When they cut price.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I really don't think it will, 360 owned 2005- 2008 and Ps3 has been comming on strong and I think it PS3s time from here on out, don't get me wrong 360 will continue to sale well, 360 has great exclusives, but Sony had a newer system, that does more for less, and they also have great great exclusives. so I believe Sony will stay on top, but 360 will stay there with continues strong sales to.

Lurker said:
PS3 will stay ahead as long as 360 is dead in Japan or until 360 gets another price cut.

I have to agree and also when Halo is released...it may increase sells..

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">