By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will 360 start to outsell PS3 WW in 2010?

When will 360 start to outsell PS3 WW in 2010?

It won't, PS3 will conti... 529 59.24%

First Quarter (Jan-March) 24 2.69%

Second Quarter (Apr-June) 108 12.09%

Third Quarter (July-Sept) 147 16.46%

Fourth Quarter (Oct-Dec) 84 9.41%

Total:892
leo-j said:
A $149 360 will not have the same affect that a $199 360 has had. History tells us this, but sony is screwing up with there supply, so that will push the ps3 further down in sales, I wouldn't be suprised if the 360 starts outselling it soon.

Leo, it's already outsellig it in NA by a fair amount. Sony knows people like the 120bg, so they make sure we can't find it.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

I'm talking about world wide sales..

and areas in EUROPE are beginning to see some PS3 shortages, so it may not just be a U.S problem..

Also the 250gb is also almost completely sold out in the region, so no I don't think making it seem like its impossible to find a ps3 is there way of increasing demand, because if it was, they would ship an excessive amount of consoles every other week so that they get the bigger sales numbers over there rivals..

but they don't so clearly they are having production issues.

mM
psrock said:
The biggest issue with MS is Japan.

PS3's fast dropping there, and seems the slim effect's wearing off faster in Japan than anywhere else.  Weekly it's now about 20k ahead of 360, which is admittedly better than last year (it was around 10k weekly then).  I don't think Japan will make all that much difference in the scheme of things, it's a lost cause for MS and a struggle for Sony.  Really, it's a market both should be worried about imo.

jarrod said:
psrock said:

PS3's fast dropping there, and seems the slim effect's wearing off faster in Japan than anywhere else.  Weekly it's now about 20k ahead of 360, which is admittedly better than last year (it was around 10k weekly then).  I don't think Japan will make all that much difference in the scheme of things, it's a lost cause for MS and a struggle for Sony.  Really, it's a market both should be worried about imo.

I know you couldn't wait to reply, but I was talking about Q4, where it won't sell 20k, right.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

This is very relative, but if I had to put my money on of 'em, I'd bet on the second quarter.

- First quarter is completely "lost", Heavy Rain and God of War will make PS3's sales boost so.. if you vote for 1st quarter, I must say, WHAT THE F IS WRONG WITH YOU LOL

- Third Quarter/Fourth Quarter, there is Halo Reach and Fable. But who will buy Reach? The millions of people who bought Halo 3. And those already have one 360, so I honestly don't see it being a system seller. Surely will boost the 360's sales, but nothing like Halo 3. IF, MS reduces the price by that time, and not on the second quarter like I predict, and heavily bundles it, then perhaps, but Halo Reach by itself won't give the victory to MS, specially because it will have to face the almighty GT5, case this one doesn't get delayed again. Natal and the Arc/Gem/Dildo... won't sell much if the PS360 don't get a price cut, so I don't consider 'em relevant. However, I can be badly wrong.

-> Second Quarter, I think Microsoft will cut the Xbox's price in April or May (Alan Wake), mainly because of what God of War will do to PS3's sales during March and April. In the other two months (May and June), the 360 will have plenty of time to catch the PS3.

Around the Network
psrock said:
jarrod said:
psrock said:

I know you couldn't wait to reply, but I was talking about Q4, where it won't sell 20k, right.

They blew their load last Q4 (slim+FFXIII).  It's only going to get worse in 2010, PS3's already peaked.

Though in fairness, things are even worse for MS/360... they blew their load in like 2008. :/

Interesting thread, but unfortunately a doomed poll from the outset. The first option would never have gotten less than 60% of the votes.

OT: I think that Q3 is possible and Q4 is definitely possible as there may be a price cut and Natal could move abunch of units as well. In fact due to the shortages in PS3's that are apparently happening (I still haven't seen it, but that's the official line), the 360 could pop over for a few weeks even earlier.

jarrod said:
psrock said:
jarrod said:
psrock said:

They blew their load last Q4 (slim+FFXIII).  It's only going to get worse in 2010, PS3's already peaked.

Though in fairness, things are even worse for MS/360... they blew their load in like 2008. :/

We said the same thing about the Wii in 2009, and look at the numbers they put up in Q4.

PS3 can't peak at $299, calm down.

Next Gen 

id say give it 2 more weekd and the 360 will sell more WW, and i think its because of the shortages that the ps3 is having, I know that the US was having trouble with ps3 shortages but im now having trouble in the UK, i want to buy a slim but i just cant find a shop that has one. the only ones i can find are preowned ps3 "Phats". 2 problems there i dont want a preowned console and i dont want the older model!

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

psrock said:
jarrod said:
psrock said:
jarrod said:
psrock said:

We said the same thing about the Wii in 2009, and look at the numbers they put up in Q4.

PS3 can't peak at $299, calm down.

It's not $299, it's 29800 yen.  Japan's also the market which price parity between PS2 and PS3 have always been closest (PS2 MSRP is still 16800 yen iirc), price sensitivity has never been much of an issue there.

They already played slim and FFXIII, which were by far their biggest cards.  Nothing notable coming up comes close to either really (GT5, Versus, Arc, etc).