By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS3 has outsold the Wii

So its come to this.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:

Thank you.

This was not an attempt to be funny (perhaps my style of writing indicates otherwise to some people) nor was it a dig at the PS3. This website is, albeit less so now than back then, focussed on sales. As such this is an observation about an interesting trend and a reversal of fortunes. I like to watch the graphs tick along their weeks and discuss them.

I remember reading that thread a while back and thinking what an incredible thing it was the Wii america numbers passing the PS3 numbers. But I had completely forgotten about that.

I think the numbers are getting less and less interesting, mostly because the outcome is becoming more and more clear. Therefore these little turns and twists are getting fewer and farther between, and I'm not really looking for them anymore.

This is invisible text!

Killergran said:
TWRoO said:

Thank you.

This was not an attempt to be funny (perhaps my style of writing indicates otherwise to some people) nor was it a dig at the PS3. This website is, albeit less so now than back then, focussed on sales. As such this is an observation about an interesting trend and a reversal of fortunes. I like to watch the graphs tick along their weeks and discuss them.

I remember reading that thread a while back and thinking what an incredible thing it was the Wii america numbers passing the PS3 numbers. But I had completely forgotten about that.

I think the numbers are getting less and less interesting, mostly because the outcome is becoming more and more clear. Therefore these little turns and twists are getting fewer and farther between, and I'm not really looking for them anymore.

Yeah. second..

I used to love the excitement of these events. I would congratulate X machine for selling better than the Wii. Usually because it deserved it in some respect. Though now it's gotten super dull.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

.jayderyu said:
Killergran said:
TWRoO said:

Thank you.

Yeah. second..

I used to love the excitement of these events. I would congratulate X machine for selling better than the Wii. Usually because it deserved it in some respect. Though now it's gotten super dull.

Most of the interesting stuff is with the games now.

Awesome!

It's things like this that give the PS3 some really great core support from 3rd parties!

Go PS3!

Around the Network

This is pointless.

I find it kinda funny, find it kinda sad...

Take my love, take my land..

NiKKoM said:

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Wow, I didn't see this coming at all!

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

AlfredoFroylan siento que no entendieras mi ironía.