By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS3 has outsold the Wii

I dont get it.

Is this a joke thread or are you serious?

You do realize that comparing the PS3's TOTAL sales to JUST the Wii's America's sales looks really bad?

Make a thread about the awesome PS3 games instead.

Who cares about sales. PS3 games > Wii games.

But Wii sales > PS3 sales.

Get over it already PS3 fanboys! PS3 WILL NOT catch up. Its not happening. :P Just enjoy the games.

Around the Network
roccerfeller said:
I dont get it.

Is this a joke thread or are you serious?

You do realize that comparing the PS3's TOTAL sales to JUST the Wii's America's sales looks really bad?

Make a thread about the awesome PS3 games instead.

Who cares about sales. PS3 games > Wii games.   OPINION

But Wii sales > PS3 sales.    FACT

Get over it already PS3 fanboys! PS3 WILL NOT catch up. Its not happening. :P Just enjoy the games.

Why do people always gets opinions mixed up with facts.  Its your own opinion that games are better on the ps3, quit stating things like that as fact. 

how long until metacritic post now i wonder

Why are you comparing worldwide playstation 3 sales to american wii sales? The comparison is illogical.

TWRoO said:
perpride said:
buzzard said:
perpride said:
Goooo PS3 Gooooooo!!!! At least we know now for 1000000000% sure that Wii will never reach the market share that PS2 did.

Of course it will never reach that market share, did you expect the Wii to sell 3-4 times its actual numbers? It has nothing to do with how the Wii is selling and everything to do with how the 360 and PS3 are selling, PS2 didn't have real competition, Wii has.

Not that it matters since the Wii is tracking well above the PS2.

when you say PS2 didn't have real competition...what exactly do you mean?

It launched 1 - 1.5 years earlier than a console from an entirely new to console gaming company, and a Nintendo that had already lost a lot of 3rd party support due to a number of factors later in SNES life and N64. It was the successor to the console that brought gaming away from the hardcore and gave it to the masses, it was a cheap DVD player, it was expected to do well right from the beginning, and thus recieved all the 3rd party support it could right from the beginning.

The PS1 was the console that did all the work... I find it's sales (against a still strong Nintendo... albeit an irresponsible Sega as well) far far more impressive than the PS2.

hmmm...I guess that's a way to look at it. I always thought it was a much bigger deal that PS2 actually had to face off against Sega, Nintendo AND Microsoft and still managed to pull in such great numbers and break so many recoreds. Also, GC, DC and Xbox were extremely respectable consoles with quite amazing game library's.

Anyways I'm pretty sure (could be completely wrong) that the video game industry has actually grown since the days of the PS2. Which means that a generation leader which is destroying all previous records (like the Wii currently is) should have been able to reach higher market share at this point. I dont know, just my $0.02. I was only saying that to poke fun at the fact that this entire thread makes me lol at PS3.

Am I missing something? When did PS3 outsell the Wii?

Around the Network

Chairman: The PS3 WW has outsold the Wii's US numbers..Though it probably won't stay that way for long.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

perpride said:
TWRoO said:
perpride said:
buzzard said:
perpride said:
Goooo PS3 Gooooooo!!!! At least we know now for 1000000000% sure that Wii will never reach the market share that PS2 did.

Of course it will never reach that market share, did you expect the Wii to sell 3-4 times its actual numbers? It has nothing to do with how the Wii is selling and everything to do with how the 360 and PS3 are selling, PS2 didn't have real competition, Wii has.

Not that it matters since the Wii is tracking well above the PS2.

when you say PS2 didn't have real competition...what exactly do you mean?

It launched 1 - 1.5 years earlier than a console from an entirely new to console gaming company, and a Nintendo that had already lost a lot of 3rd party support due to a number of factors later in SNES life and N64. It was the successor to the console that brought gaming away from the hardcore and gave it to the masses, it was a cheap DVD player, it was expected to do well right from the beginning, and thus recieved all the 3rd party support it could right from the beginning.

The PS1 was the console that did all the work... I find it's sales (against a still strong Nintendo... albeit an irresponsible Sega as well) far far more impressive than the PS2.

hmmm...I guess that's a way to look at it. I always thought it was a much bigger deal that PS2 actually had to face off against Sega, Nintendo AND Microsoft and still managed to pull in such great numbers and break so many recoreds. Also, GC, DC and Xbox were extremely respectable consoles with quite amazing game library's.

Anyways I'm pretty sure (could be completely wrong) that the video game industry has actually grown since the days of the PS2. Which means that a generation leader which is destroying all previous records (like the Wii currently is) should have been able to reach higher market share at this point. I dont know, just my $0.02. I was only saying that to poke fun at the fact that this entire thread makes me lol at PS3.

Sega had already been crushed by the PS1 (and a little bit of suspect dirty dealing.... Sony cutting the launch price of the PS1 for the Americas launch, if they hadn't simultaneously reduced the price in Japan by 1/4 it would have been illegal I believe, though Segas own decisions were the major factor)

The PS2 already had a game library when the GC and XB launched

And yes... the industry has grown.... that doesn't mean much for marketshare though, overall the 3 consoles have sold more than the 3 last gen consoles had at this point (even if adding DC as the 4th) there is your marke growth.... the market may continue growing with each subsequent generation, but that doesn't mean the leading console can gain marketshare compared to the previous gen. (I would argue the opposite... the NES had a similar if not better marketshare than the PS2)

YAH! For the bitch of the industry.

Go PS3!

Above: still the best game of the year.