By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How many additional PS3s will be sold during GoW III first week WW?

How many additional PS3s will be sold during GoW III first week WW?

25000 - 50000 57 42.86%

50000 - 75000 16 12.03%

75000 - 100000 21 15.79%

100000 - 125000 9 6.77%

125000 - 150000 1 0.75%

150000+ 29 21.80%

Total:133

100 million wheeee

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:
I think like 4k-20k conosles to be honest, so many good hack and slash games this gen on 360 and ps3 already

Name three good hack and slash games on PS3.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
toastboy44562 said:
I think like 4k-20k conosles to be honest, so many good hack and slash games this gen on 360 and ps3 already

ninja gaiden sigma

ninja gaiden sigma 2

bayonnetta

dantes inferno

devil may cry 4

heavenly sword

just to name a few..

Do you seriously want me to name more?

toastboy44562 said:
Kantor said:
toastboy44562 said:

ninja gaiden sigma

ninja gaiden sigma 2

bayonnetta

dantes inferno

devil may cry 4

heavenly sword

just to name a few..

Our definition of "good" differs. Of those, the only one that (going by public opinion rather than my own) is at God of War quality is Bayonetta, which is extremely gimped on PS3.

Also, just one of them is a Western-style hack and slash. DMC and Ninja Gaiden have about as much in common with God of War as Final Fantasy XIII with Oblivion.

Kantor said:
toastboy44562 said:
Kantor said:
toastboy44562 said:

ninja gaiden sigma

ninja gaiden sigma 2

bayonnetta

dantes inferno

devil may cry 4

heavenly sword

just to name a few..

Our definition of "good" differs. Of those, the only one that (going by public opinion rather than my own) is at God of War quality is Bayonetta, which is extremely gimped on PS3.

Also, just one of them is a Western-style hack and slash. DMC and Ninja Gaiden have about as much in common with God of War as Final Fantasy XIII with Oblivion.

A hack and slash is a hack and slash no matter what way you look at it

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:
Kantor said:
toastboy44562 said:
Kantor said:
toastboy44562 said:

ninja gaiden sigma

ninja gaiden sigma 2

bayonnetta

dantes inferno

devil may cry 4

heavenly sword

just to name a few..

A hack and slash is a hack and slash no matter what way you look at it

So an FPS is an FPS? Halo 3 = BioShock?

An RPG is an RPG? Final Fantasy 7 = Fallout 3?

A platformer is a platformer? R&C = Super Mario Bros.?

It doesn't work that way.

leo-j said:
you guys with 360s think its another dante's inferno, or baynotta, but sorry based on early reviews its one of the biggest games of this generation.

Visuals that surpass Uncharted 2, a CONSOLE SELLER.

So we really don't know if everyone that wants GOW 3 has a ps3.. you could say everyone that wants HALO REACH has a 360.. and in reality we don't know any of that.

You have to realize GOW Is a PS2 franchise, and its moving onto the PS3, so that audience is likely going to get a PS3 to play GOW 3, like the MGS fans got a PS3 for MGS4.

Dantes inferno ill agree with but bayonetta is better than anything that has come out of santi monica ever......unless GOW 3 revamps its combat system then it will also be under bayonetta.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

jesus kung fu magic said:
leo-j said:
you guys with 360s think its another dante's inferno, or baynotta, but sorry based on early reviews its one of the biggest games of this generation.

So we really don't know if everyone that wants GOW 3 has a ps3.. you could say everyone that wants HALO REACH has a 360.. and in reality we don't know any of that.

You have to realize GOW Is a PS2 franchise, and its moving onto the PS3, so that audience is likely going to get a PS3 to play GOW 3, like the MGS fans got a PS3 for MGS4.

Dantes inferno ill agree with but bayonetta is better than anything that has come out of santi monica ever......unless GOW 3 revamps its combat system then it will also be under bayonetta.

Bayonetta was a piece of crap on PS3 from a technical perspective. And God of War is more accessible.

Kantor said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
leo-j said:

Bayonetta was a piece of crap on PS3 from a technical perspective. And God of War is more accessible.

Ive only played the ps3 demo (no tech problems) but while the full game may have had rediculous tech problems but ve heard since the patch released that it fixed most of the problems.

Accessibility is the problem I had with GOW 1/2.....the combos were repetitive , there were barely any combos to speak of (the important ones were all automated like L1 and square) there wasnt any incentive to use the other weapons as their weaknesses were just stupid and each weapon had like 3 combos each(and the blade of olympus was just stupid powerful) , only area effect magic was useful like poseidens rage and chronos rage. I never used magic or used another weapon for more than two minutes because the balancing in weapons in GOW was atrocious to the point where they should have just stuck with the blades of chaos/athena , repetitive combos and all.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

HappySqurriel said:

Realistically, not that many ... God of War is not that big of a franchise and it mostly appeals to Sony’s base which has (probably) already bought a PS3. In a way this is (sort of) like asking how many people would buy a Wii if Nintendo released a new Donkey Kong platformer.

this are pretty much my thoughts, the series is not that big in the mainstream market