By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How many additional PS3s will be sold during GoW III first week WW?

How many additional PS3s will be sold during GoW III first week WW?

25000 - 50000 57 42.86%

50000 - 75000 16 12.03%

75000 - 100000 21 15.79%

100000 - 125000 9 6.77%

125000 - 150000 1 0.75%

150000+ 29 21.80%

Total:133
leo-j said:
you guys with 360s think its another dante's inferno, or baynotta, but sorry based on early reviews its one of the biggest games of this generation.

Visuals that surpass Uncharted 2, a CONSOLE SELLER.

So we really don't know if everyone that wants GOW 3 has a ps3.. you could say everyone that wants HALO REACH has a 360.. and in reality we don't know any of that.

You have to realize GOW Is a PS2 franchise, and its moving onto the PS3, so that audience is likely going to get a PS3 to play GOW 3, like the MGS fans got a PS3 for MGS4.

You have a 360.  Thanks for telling us what you think.

We're not idiots for having a different opinion.  Everyone who is drooling for Reach DOES have a 360, as has already been said in this thread, if you'd care to read anything that doesn't get filtered out by your undying love for all things Sony.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network

with only a 360, and no not everyone drooling for REACH has a 360.. because you say so.

Just how not everyone that loved MGS had a ps3 before MGS4 came out.

Also whats up with that last sentence? Care to tell me why exactly you decided to attack me by basically calling me a sony fanboy?

mM

Realistically, not that many ... God of War is not that big of a franchise and it mostly appeals to Sony’s base which has (probably) already bought a PS3. In a way this is (sort of) like asking how many people would buy a Wii if Nintendo released a new Donkey Kong platformer.

@fastyxx what is wrong with you calling him a fanboy if you look at his profile he clearly owns an xbox

@HappySqurriel

I would have disagree on your statement that "God of War is not that big a franchise", it is one Sony's biggest franchises. God of War received strong praise from gaming critics for its strong game play, graphics, and sound as well as winning numerous awards in the past. It might be reason enough for people to pick up a console along with the game as it will arguably be one of the biggest for the PS3 this year.

<a href="http://b0c40pmhv4t-qfuimlmmqex5q0.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=WT5K3KF3" target="_top">Click Here!</a>

Around the Network
Winters said:
@HappySqurriel

I would have disagree on your statement that "God of War is not that big a franchise", it is one Sony's biggest franchises. God of War received strong praise from gaming critics for its strong game play, graphics, and sound as well as winning numerous awards in the past. It might be reason enough for people to pick up a console along with the game as it will arguably be one of the biggest for the PS3 this year.

The best selling God of War game has sold over 3 Million units which is (certainly) good sales, but it isn't even in the top 50 PS2 games ...

Edit: and the quality of a game (as determined by reviewers) does not necessarily relate to how a game will sell.

sony will bundle god of war 3 with either or both a 120/250gb ps3. there isnt a true god of war game on the ps3 so this will definitely help thrive ps3 sales. usually sequals dont sale more consoles than prequals and thats because those who bought the original bought the hardware it's for. so like i said gow3 is the first next generation gow game this will difinitely sale consoles and im talking a whole lot

HappySqurriel said:
Winters said:
@HappySqurriel

The best selling God of War game has sold over 3 Million units which is (certainly) good sales, but it isn't even in the top 50 PS2 games ...

Edit: and the quality of a game (as determined by reviewers) does not necessarily relate to how a game will sell.

Truth.  We all know the list of games that are awesome that no one bought.  God of War 3 will do 4 million almost certainly and be the biggest of the series.  I'll stand by the idea that any spike in March sales will be more attributable to Final Fantasy, but it's still undeniable that people get consoles for holiday that are meant for these games later.  That's why they ask for them as gifts, and which is why companies are sure to let people know these games are coming well in advance.  I mean, Sony's being selling boxes on the promise of delivering Gran Turismo and Final Fantasy since they launched.

There WILL be people who pick up the system for it, but it's not in the numbers some of you think.  System sellers are early in the generation.  The vast majority of people this many years in buy on the complete package.  The overwhelming majority picking p a PS3 now, it's for Uncharted 2AND God of War AND FFXIII AND games coming, and the catalog and Blu-Ray and reliability and what their friends have etc.  Not for one game.

True for all consoles at this point.  

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

gow2 sold as much as mgs3 in america and the gow games were pirated heavily
BUT sony needs to ship more ps3s, if theyll do that i can see 75k-100k additional ps3s being sold ww during gow 3 launch

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

What are these "amazing reviews" it has been getting? As far as i can tell it has got 1 review.
And that was from Sony themselves in OPM.....And they gave it 90%!! They gave 100% to Bioshock 2, they even gave the new AVP game 90% which is a truely awful game!
Point being if they themselves gave it 90% then you can bet your ass most other scores will not be as favourable.

I have no doubt this game will be good but some people are trying desperatly hard to make the franchise sound a lot bigger then it really is. Jesus man Halo ODST which has been out what 3-4 months has nearly outsold both the GOW games combined!

The last game sold what 2.5m wih over 120m consoles to sell to? That does not sound like a huge franchise to me.

If people are expecting this to sell millions in its 1st week they are going to be dissapointed. The knock on effect into console sales i bet will me minimal.