By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How many additional PS3s will be sold during GoW III first week WW?

How many additional PS3s will be sold during GoW III first week WW?

25000 - 50000 57 42.86%

50000 - 75000 16 12.03%

75000 - 100000 21 15.79%

100000 - 125000 9 6.77%

125000 - 150000 1 0.75%

150000+ 29 21.80%

Total:133

I personally believe that it will shift anywhere from 75000 - 100000 additional consoles worldwide during its first week of release, not taking bundles into account. I reckon this is due to the fact that many people who are die hard fans of the series will have already picked up a PS3, though some might want to change from a phat to a slim and pick up a bundle. Also, as GOW III has been receiving a lot of hype as of late and Sony will surely be trying to push an ad-campaign here and there, giving people a reason to jump on the PS3 wagon. Though there have been some supply issues as of late, they will hopefully been worked out by mid March.What are your thoughts?

<a href="http://b0c40pmhv4t-qfuimlmmqex5q0.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=WT5K3KF3" target="_top">Click Here!</a>

Around the Network

None, if they can't get these supply issues ironed out in North America.

I was going to say the same thing makingmusic said

the PS3 may fall under the 360 during its biggest gaming week since MGS4..

thats very sad, but hey its sony's fault not anyone elses.

mM

75k -100k there will b bundles for Eu and JP

Play Me

I can't vote, you don't have an option low enough.

Around the Network

10?

Hardcore God of War fans have consoles already.

I think FFXIII, even as a non-exclusive, moves way more consoles than God of War does. I think March will see an uptick in PS3 sales, but I also think that the effect of these big games is more spread out - like they've been getting an extra 5k a week now, and a lot more in the holidays because the games are coming. People get the system in anticipation of the games, not necessarily at the same time. You saw the same thing with MGS4. Even something like Halo 3 didn't create a huge demand on 360's THAT week, MS saw a smaller bump for several weeks leading up. And that was much earlier in the generation before people had switched over to this gen.

I think the immediate boosts will be smallish. It's more of a steady flow over time where it's another great reason to choose a PS3 over a 360.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

@gergory

Sorry about that, i probably should have had a lower range option :/ i guess reading about GOW III going gold had me bouncing off the walls.

<a href="http://b0c40pmhv4t-qfuimlmmqex5q0.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=WT5K3KF3" target="_top">Click Here!</a>

I think like 4k-20k conosles to be honest, so many good hack and slash games this gen on 360 and ps3 already

you guys with 360s think its another dante's inferno, or baynotta, but sorry based on early reviews its one of the biggest games of this generation.

Visuals that surpass Uncharted 2, a CONSOLE SELLER.

So we really don't know if everyone that wants GOW 3 has a ps3.. you could say everyone that wants HALO REACH has a 360.. and in reality we don't know any of that.

You have to realize GOW Is a PS2 franchise, and its moving onto the PS3, so that audience is likely going to get a PS3 to play GOW 3, like the MGS fans got a PS3 for MGS4.

mM
leo-j said:
I was going to say the same thing makingmusic said

the PS3 may fall under the 360 during its biggest gaming week since MGS4..

thats very sad, but hey its sony's fault not anyone elses.

I am blaming you if my bet is jinxed now just joking, actually i agree with you Sony need to get their act together.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1