By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am getting the Last Story over Final Fantasy XIII. Are you with me?

I am getting the Last Story over Final Fantasy XIII. Are you with me?

Yes! 114 50.22%

No! 59 25.99%

(Getting both) 54 23.79%

Total:227

Though of course I may be wrong, I have this feeling people are in for a surprise if they think Last Story is far far away. I think it's far more advanced in development than people think. But that said, it's of course not going to release at the same time as FFXIII.

OT : I wasn't going to get FFXIII anyway (even if I were a PS360 owner) so between the two, it's definitely The Last Story. But I really need to know more about it to decide whether I am interested. Xenoblade on the other hand looks more and more like a certain buy.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network

I am skipping FFXIII as of right now. The Last Story is a bit more up in the air. Once we actually know anything about it I will make my choice. I really enjoyed Lost Odyssey, and have generally enjoyed Sakaguchi's work. I need details on battle system, and length before making the final decision though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I could care less about either game but I voted Yes.

bmmb1 said:
Though of course I may be wrong, I have this feeling people are in for a surprise if they think Last Story is far far away. I think it's far more advanced in development than people think. But that said, it's of course not going to release at the same time as FFXIII.

OT : I wasn't going to get FFXIII anyway (even if I were a PS360 owner) so between the two, it's definitely The Last Story. But I really need to know more about it to decide whether I am interested. Xenoblade on the other hand looks more and more like a certain buy.

It will probably be ready this year for Japan, but I'd expect it to take a few more months to reach the West, as is almost always the case with jRPG's.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

bmmb1 said:

The Last Story is a confirmed 2010 release (it was stated in their investor relations meeting), but we don't know when. It surely isn't coming in the next 2 months, but it could be here in 3. We'll probably find out a lot on Feb 24th (? I may have the wrong date) when Nintendo holds their summit.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

I don't know how the last story will be, but it won't come for a while, so you should get both

no, there is reason why game like FF7-8 sold more than amano+sakaguchi were on herad. :p

I will most likely bet both but with some additional info, it wouldn't be hard for Last Story to be above FF XIII on my want list.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Having played previous Final Fantasies, I'm worn out. They change too many things from one game to the next so I have no idea if I'll even like XIII; and from what I've ehard so far, XIII is going to be the most different Final Fantasy that's not a MMORPG. The Last Story at least still sounds interesting, but I'm saving judgment until I hear more about it.

Veder Juda is hand crafted from EPIC FAIL, and is a 96% certified Looney; the other 4% is a work in progress.

No thanks, RoF > both ... for me anyways.