By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am getting the Last Story over Final Fantasy XIII. Are you with me?

I am getting the Last Story over Final Fantasy XIII. Are you with me?

Yes! 114 50.22%

No! 59 25.99%

(Getting both) 54 23.79%

Total:227

I'm getting both. I have a feeling I'll enjoy The Last Story more since I'm a bigger fan of the old FFs he worked on, and thought Lost Odyssey was pretty damn good, but they're not released anywhere near the same time.

Around the Network

Seems more like a poll.
"Do you have a Wii or PS360 for your JRPGs?"

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

I already have the Japanese Version of FFXIII and I will be getting a Japanese Version of The Last Story.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Listen

No

I'll get the Last Story because Sakaguchi's got good chops as a director and I like the companies Mistwalker gets to make their games, but if you think I'm going to miss out on FFXIII after this freaking long you have another thing coming.

I have to find out a little more about TLS first, but I know I have relatively little interest in playing FF13.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

I'm getting Xenoblade over The Last Story AND Final Fantasy XIII. Who is with me?

Khuutra said:
Listen

No

I'll get the Last Story because Sakaguchi's got good chops as a director and I like the companies Mistwalker gets to make their games, but if you think I'm going to miss out on FFXIII after this freaking long you have another thing coming.

I bet ALL my vgchartz money that you won't like FFXIII.

g-value said:
Khuutra said:
Listen

No

I think I'm going to regret asking this, but: Why do you think I won't like FFXIII?

Khuutra said:
g-value said:
Khuutra said:
Listen

No

I think I'm going to regret asking this, but: Why do you think I won't like FFXIII?

I'm going to have to ask you a series of questions then:

1.) Did you like Zell and Sophie from FFVIII?

2.) Do you like your jrpgs to have alot of cutscenes?

3.) Did you like FFX's storyline?

4.) Did you like the Sphere grid from FFX?

5.) Did you like Vayne from FFXII?

g-value said:
Khuutra said:

I'm going to have to ask you a series of questions then:

1.) Did you like Zell and Sophie from FFVIII?

2.) Do you like your jrpgs to have alot of cutscenes?

3.) Did you like FFX's storyline?

4.) Did you like the Sphere grid from FFX?

5.) Did you like Vayne from FFXII?

In the first place, when you try to condense a game down to being merely the sum of its parts, isntead of a synthesis of experience that in every case goes beyond the sum of any parts, you are doing a disservice to yourself, to the people you talk to about these games, and yes, even the games you play. Pretending that any given factor will necessary shape th entirety of an experience is needlessly divisive, reductive, and ridiculous.

Don't do that anymore. The reasoning will not serve you, and the answers do not reflect on my anticipated enjoyment of the game in question.

I will answer your questions for the sake of answering them.

1. "Selphie", and they were my favorite characters from that boring-ass cast - Zell in particular.

2. If the pacing is good, sure. You do realize what genre we're talking about, right?

3. Haven't beaten it.

4. It's pretty neat.

5. Yes. How many times do I have to say this? Christ. He's one of the best and most honest street-level heroes in the genre.