By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am getting the Last Story over Final Fantasy XIII. Are you with me?

I am getting the Last Story over Final Fantasy XIII. Are you with me?

Yes! 114 50.22%

No! 59 25.99%

(Getting both) 54 23.79%

Total:227

well if they had ff13 on wii Id probably get it and since i only own a wii I will probably get the last story (if its good) and not ff13 cause its not a wii game............

Around the Network
roxaskey said:
You're right. He only did the character designs for them. But he's a terrible storyteller. Making every game filled with emo characters and unnecessarily complicated stories.

FFIX and FFXII were the best games since he started getting deeply involved in the series and they also happen to be the only ones he had nothing to do with.

But the only FF game Nomura was involved in (story-wise) is FFVII. Other then maybe Riku, Kingdom Hearts isn't filled with emo characters and KH's storylines definitely isn't complicated. So........what are you talking about?

Khuutra said:
g-value said:
Khuutra said:

I think I'm going to regret asking this, but: Why do you think I won't like FFXIII?

I'm going to have to ask you a series of questions then:

1.) Did you like Zell and Sophie from FFVIII?

2.) Do you like your jrpgs to have alot of cutscenes?

3.) Did you like FFX's storyline?

4.) Did you like the Sphere grid from FFX?

5.) Did you like Vayne from FFXII?

In the first place, when you try to condense a game down to being merely the sum of its parts, isntead of a synthesis of experience that in every case goes beyond the sum of any parts, you are doing a disservice to yourself, to the people you talk to about these games, and yes, even the games you play. Pretending that any given factor will necessary shape th entirety of an experience is needlessly divisive, reductive, and ridiculous.

Don't do that anymore. The reasoning will not serve you, and the answers do not reflect on my anticipated enjoyment of the game in question.

I will answer your questions for the sake of answering them.

1. "Selphie", and they were my favorite characters from that boring-ass cast - Zell in particular.

2. If the pacing is good, sure. You do realize what genre we're talking about, right?

3. Haven't beaten it.

4. It's pretty neat.

5. Yes. How many times do I have to say this? Christ. He's one of the best and most honest street-level heroes in the genre.

1.) Since you liked them, you might actually like Snow and Vanille. Good

2.) People say that the pacing isn't very good either.

3.) Then beat the game already

4.) Expect a downgraded version of it in FFXIII

5.) Don't expect any villain to be nearly as good as him. In fact, none of the villains in FFXIII have any type of development (and yes, I do really like Vayne, one of the few things I did like about FFXII).

Also, I'm not disservicing nothing, I just wanted to know what you though about those question I asked because from the many people who I have talked to that have played FFXIII, those aspects I mention determine whatever or not you will actually enjoy FFXIII or not. I think I'm gonna end up loving FFXIII though (......I hope) since most of the people who didn't like FFXIII's storyline thought that FFXII had the best storyline in the series (LMAO, to funny, I know). Those very same people also thought that FFX's storyline was only OK or bad (and I absolutely loved FFX's storyline).

hmmm? there isn't even any footage of the last story yet what a retarded thread

g-value said:

5.) Don't expect any villain to be nearly as good as him. In fact, none of the villains in FFXIII have any type of development (and yes, I do really like Vayne, one of the few things I did like about FFXII).

Also, I'm not disservicing nothing, I just wanted to know what you though about those question I asked because from the many people who I have talked to that have played FFXIII, those aspects I mention determine whatever or not you will actually enjoy FFXIII or not. I think I'm gonna end up loving FFXIII though (......I hope) since most of the people who didn't like FFXIII's storyline thought that FFXII had the best storyline in the series (LMAO, to funny, I know). Those very same people also thought that FFX's storyline was only OK or bad (and I absolutely loved FFX's storyline).

Oh sorry, I thought you said "Vaan". Yes, I like Vayne a lot. He's one of the better villains in the history of the franchise.

I find FFXII's plot to be the best I've played in the series and what I've seen of FFX's is pretty easily the second weakest.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
g-value said:

Oh sorry, I thought you said "Vaan". Yes, I like Vayne a lot. He's one of the better villains in the history of the franchise.

I find FFXII's plot to be the best I've played in the series and what I've seen of FFX's is pretty easily the second weakest.

Then, I take back what I said earlier about betting all my vgchartz money. I bet a 3 MONTH BANNED that you won't like FFXIII.

g-value said:
Khuutra said:

Then, I take back what I said earlier about betting all my vgchartz money. I bet a 3 MONTH BANNED that you won't like FFXIII.

You can't make ban bets on this site

But I think if you offered nordlead all of your VGChartz money, he'd ban you for three months.

You ardent fans of game companies are all so predictable.

Khuutra said:
g-value said:
Khuutra said:

You can't make ban bets on this site

But I think if you offered nordlead all of your VGChartz money, he'd ban you for three months.

Hmmm....is that so? Well, whatever. But seriously though, I highly doubt that you will like FFXIII's storyline since the people who hated FFX's storyline felt that FFXIII's was even worst. You might still love the battle system though, since most people find it to be the best in the series. Some even think that its the best combat system in a jrpg.

Akvod said:

You ardent fans of game companies are all so predictable.

Well, not everybody in this thread is a fanboy. Personally, I've been let down by later FFs, but I'm more excited to see what can happen with ideals of the old. I don't care what system they're on, since I do think there are good games on systems I don't own. But FF, well.. I've not been excited with one of those since 6. So of course any other RPG would make me more interested. Tales of Graces, Vesperia, Demon's Souls... whatever. All of those are more interesting to me than FF13.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...