By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PS2 will remain the best selling console of all time by the end of this gen

phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:
phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:
A console is a console. DS > PS2.

but a handheld console is not a console

read the above for more details

cool story bro

but you would still see it as a console but have nothing to come back with.....other than a  "getting old very quick quote....."

Your details are your personal opinion as to what qualifies something as a console. But the rest of the world disagrees with you.

Around the Network
phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:
phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:

cool story bro

but you would still see it as a console but have nothing to come back with.....other than a  "getting old very quick quote....."

Seeing how "handheld" is just an abbreviation for "handheld console" I'm pretty sure handhelds are consoles too.

J_Allard said:
phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:
phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:

cool story bro

Your details are your personal opinion as to what qualifies something as a console. But the rest of the world disagrees with you.

it's not really opinion though is it....there facts.... i couldnt just sit on a bus and play a ps2 out now can I.....so there different

phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:
phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:
phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:

cool story bro

it's not really opinion though is it....there facts.... i couldnt just sit on a bus and play a ps2 out now can I.....so there different

In Black Ops 2 I can call in attack dogs. I cannot do that in Battlefield 3. Therefore Black Ops 2 is a FPS and Battlefield 3 is not.

KHlover said:
phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:
phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:

cool story bro

Seeing how "handheld" is just an abbreviation for "handheld console" I'm pretty sure handhelds are consoles too.

im pretty sure a handheld console....and a home console are different things hens the adding of the word handheld otherwise it would be just know as a console

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Metallicube said:
Sure, PS2 will remain the highest selling console, if you don't count the DS as a console :P

Anyway, I never expected Wii to pull off PS2 like numbers. Hell I was pleasantly surprised when it even passed NES's numbers. What I didn't expect however was for its sales to drop off so quickly and drastically. Though I guess with virtually no real third party support it does make sense in retrospect. Oh well, it'll still crack that illusive 100 million mark at least, and most likely pass the Playstation 1, which is quite an accomplishment in itself.

orly?  :P

just playing btw.  anywho, fun read.  i'll exit now though as it seems many posts are getting bans.  xD

Touche my good sir, but it seems there is a key point to that post that you missed.. You'd think if you took the time to dig out that old post, you would have read the whole thing :P

"...This is provided Nintendo doesn't foolishly cut off the lifespan of their own console while it's still selling strongly"

Well as most of us now know, Nintendo DID foolishly cut off the Wii's lifespan early by completely drying up the releases for it, as did the third parties, most of which never really supported Wii from the getgo. So once Nintendo moved on to focus on 3DS and Wii U software, there was no real third party support to carry the load, thus the early die off of Wii. After all, how can a console be expected to continue selling with no new games? Theoretically if Wii continued to get the steady amount of releases it was getting, I'd still contend that it would have, and should have passed the PS2.

Still, I clearly contradicted myself, but I honestly don't remember posting that, or even believing the Wii would pass the PS2. Guess I'm losing track of all my posts, I think I'm spending too much time here -_-

J_Allard said:
phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:
phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:
phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:

cool story bro

In Black Ops 2 I can call in attack dogs. I cannot do that in Battlefield 3. Therefore Black Ops 2 is a FPS and Battlefield 3 is not.

thats a piss poor comparison.... since when did having dogs in a game define a fps? im pretty sure playing in the First person whislt being able to shoot was the defining aspect of an FPS ..... try a little harder please

KHlover said:
phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:
phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:

cool story bro

also i just noticed that you bolded the console bits above......I can do thats too  FIRST PERSON SHOOTER   THIRD PERSON SHOOTER....

See i can bold the bits i just want to see too.....does this mean they are the same genre?

phinch1 said:
KHlover said:
phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:
phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:

cool story bro

im pretty sure a handheld console....and a home console are different things hens the adding of the word handheld otherwise it would be just know as a console

One is a console to play on the go, the other one is a console to play at home. You know, what you call a "console" is really a "home console". As opposed to a handheld console...both of them are consoles, get over it. 

phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:
phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:
phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:
phinch1 said:
J_Allard said:

cool story bro

thats a piss poor comparison.... since when did having dogs in a game define a fps? im pretty sure playing in the First person whislt being able to shoot was the defining aspect of an FPS ..... try a little harder please

In Guardians of Middle Earth I can kill people with Hildifons Took. I cannot do that in League of Legends. Therefore Guardians of Middle Earth is a MOBA game and League of Legends is not.