By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Industry being stubborn

Every single big developer have dumped the wii because of the lack of market, and the small and medium developers uncapable of creating a great effort usually fail at getting a considerable ammount of sales, the problem? apparently there is not such thing as a hardcore gamer on the wii, the games they are selling dont sell on the wii because most of users dont buy them, so they have to go to another plataform "Screw those costumers, they dont deserve us" they say, is this really the right attitude?

There are two ways to fix this problem, and this is coming from the optuse mind of a casual gamer who doesnt want anything to do with all the garbage the industry throws at us.

1-Create the market, just release a bunch of AAA quality games on the Wii, and i dont mean ports of AAA games, real games!!, like those the HD consoles get, i wonder how the HD would be if the had 3 Resident Evil spin offs, and 3 REmakes, oh wait.. that would be the Wii, the hardcore would have left long ago

2-This is the obvious solution for me, there is not such thing as a hardcore gamer, we are just people trying to have fun in our console, look at us in the eyes, and see what we want, you are suppose to be professionals, then do your job, i dont want a niche game, i dont want to play shooters, i want fresh experiences, like those i got with my SNES, my frist console, when i first played, stop releasing remakes and hundred of sequels because they clearly dont work, there are many experiences to be explored, i want to use my wiimote as a real sword for gods sake!, dont throw me a half-shooter, half-action game, odd first person shooter, with control gimmik included

3-This is not option, just let your profit sink by being lazt , and make Nintendo rich

My point is made

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

Around the Network

I'm really baffled with these companies. You must be really stupid and incompetent to insult the very same group you cater to.

Wii owners are not some alien race recently discovered; we're regular players, gamers, it's the publisher's / developer's job to MAKE us spend our money on their products.

Finally, if I were Nintendo, I'd put up a third party barrier of sorts (release quality title or go away). Third parties have done nothing to help the system, rather they make it look bad. They don't diversify the catalog THAT much, and they munch away sales from quality Nintendo products. Just go away, Wii're tired!

Same thing happened during the NES era. This is like Deja vu.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

You make it sound like changing a multi-billion dollar industry is easy. Change is slow and the big companies especially don't want to move away from their primary audience.

routsounmanman said:
I'm really baffled with these companies. You must be really stupid and incompetent to insult the very same group you cater to.

Wii owners are not some alien race recently discovered; we're regular players, gamers, it's the publisher's / developer's job to MAKE us spend our money on their products.

Finally, if I were Nintendo, I'd put up a third party barrier of sorts (release quality title or go away). Third parties have done nothing to help the system, rather they make it look bad. They don't diversify the catalog THAT much, and they munch away sales from quality Nintendo products. Just go away, Wii're tired!

If Nintendo did this they would be right back where they were with the GC. Absolutely no games on the system. The reason the PS1 and PS2 got so popular (both with consumers and 3rd party devs) was because anyone could produce anything on the system. Nintendo right now has a similar quality control as the PS1/2/3 where so long as the game runs and doesn't explode, has all the right startup code, it is good to go.

While this allows crappy games, it also prevents 3rd party companies from feeling slighted and leaving the system. Heck, small and indie devs wouldn't put up with Wii and we wouldn't see titles like Little King's Story or other similar low budget games.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
Tallgeese101 said:
You make it sound like changing a multi-billion dollar industry is easy. Change is slow and the big companies especially don't want to move away from their primary audience.

We're not asking for major change. How big of a change is it to ask them to make just some of the game for the Wii that they would have put on the HD systems? Capcom did that with Monster Hunger and TvC, and those games are selling quite well (the latter is a niche title, so it's not supposed to have huge openings).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

My opinion.

1. Why create the market on Wii, when they have a big enough market with PS360. If Nintendo really want the "hardcore" games, Nintendo will make the market themselves and stop advertising the Wii the way they do (Family all around, kids playing, everyone smiling and joyful). When Nintendo make "hardcore" games like Uncharted, Halo, God of War, Fable... The developers will follow suit, and likely gain big sales.

The reason Wii is lumped with all the "casual" trash, is solely because of how Nintendo have marketted the console.

2. Nintendo are always releasing remakes, and dozens of sequels. Yet you think they are the best Videogames company ever. Why don't you all complain to Nintendo for new stuff, instead of the 3rd parties? They are there to make money, and are doing the best way they can (casual games). Nintendo on the otherhand, have made mountains of cash, yet keep giving the same franchises. Why don't you hate on THEM for a change?

Shut the fuck up and get the console that actually does have the support you want. That's what I say to wii fans.

It's like me complaining about not being able to play Zelda on the PS3. Shoulda bought the console that has Zelda on it, right? People have no one but themselfs to blame for not getting the games they want.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Carl2291 said:

My opinion.

1. Why create the market on Wii, when they have a big enough market with PS360. If Nintendo really want the "hardcore" games, Nintendo will make the market themselves and stop advertising the Wii the way they do (Family all around, kids playing, everyone smiling and joyful). When Nintendo make "hardcore" games like Uncharted, Halo, God of War, Fable... The developers will follow suit, and likely gain big sales.

The reason Wii is lumped with all the "casual" trash, is solely because of how Nintendo have marketted the console.

2. Nintendo are always releasing remakes, and dozens of sequels. Yet you think they are the best Videogames company ever. Why don't you all complain to Nintendo for new stuff, instead of the 3rd parties? They are there to make money, and are doing the best way they can (casual games). Nintendo on the otherhand, have made mountains of cash, yet keep giving the same franchises. Why don't you hate on THEM for a change?

1) there already is a market, just the developers ignore it. CoD sells 1m units, yet it gets 2 year old ports? Day & Date with the same features and I can guarentee it will sell. Monster Hunter broke 1m in Japan, which is like the 2nd best 3rd party game in Japan behind FFXIII. The market already exists, developers just refuse to provide the Fables, Assassin's Creeds, CoDs, and Uncharteds. Heck, they could have made Assassin's Creed on all 3 systems (with a graphics hit to the Wii) and they would have doubled their potential customer base.

2) Nintendo doesn't push out 5 new IPs a gen only to let them die at the hands of various developers (Crash, Spyro, and I'm sure Sony has dropped more). I prefer it that way, so I'll gladly take Super Mario Bros 5. At least it isn't at 13 and counting

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Carl2291 said:

My opinion.

The thing is, Nintendo does make "hardcore" games. They make Zelda, and Metroid, and Mario Galaxy, and countless others. But when they advertise Ant and Dec playing Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics, what do they expect people to think?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective