By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GOW3 very much likely to selll 1.5 mn+ first week.

This game will be lucky to get above a million in its first week, but I highly doubt it.

Kinect! who needs video games!

Around the Network

I don't know if it will do 1 M first week... but i would love to see that. Hard though

Still getting the hang of this posting stuff. 

On topic. I derived my conclusion from the data that vgchartz has for the first 2 God of War games. Neither one was able to break the million barrier within the first week. 

Totally off topic...

How do you include what another person said in a previous post? Do you select the quote button?

calvinandhobbes said:

On topic. I derived my conclusion from the data that vgchartz has for the first 2 God of War games. Neither one was able to break the million barrier within the first week. 

the first two games, were released among a flood of other PS2 games, its hard to sell something, when there are ALOT of AAA ip constantly coming out..

that's why the PS2 had the most million sellers out of any console ever

mM
Around the Network

I agree.. 1.5m is very likely.. 1m+ is certain tho.

leo-j said:
calvinandhobbes said:

the first two games, were released among a flood of other PS2 games, its hard to sell something, when there are ALOT of AAA ip constantly coming out..

The March release of GoW 3 isnt exactly clear of good IPs coming out. 

That said, Im sticking with ~1.2M first week (if Sony produces enough copies of the game)

Edit: For first week are we going off the US date (16th).  If so, during that week only US + Europe count.  (Japan) is 25th)

leo-j said:
calvinandhobbes said:

I did not know that, but God of War is not the only good AAA game coming out in March. 

Nah, cut that number in half. I say 750K launch week.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

calvinandhobbes said:
Totally off topic...

How do you include what another person said in a previous post? Do you select the quote button?

Yup.