By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GOW3 very much likely to selll 1.5 mn+ first week.

1.5 million is way too much. 1 miliion is pssible. NA might do around 650k but in Europe might just around 300k unless Sony released GOW Collection which could hype the game. So, 1.1 million is the most (which i doubt). I rather see long legs than super big 1st week sales like MGS4 and FFXIII (japan).

Around the Network

I'm gonna call it now !

800k America
300k Others

1.1 million First week,

Its launching 2 weeks later ? In japan...

I remember when some people said Tekken 6 wasn't going to sell 2m and now it's over that with the PSP, PS3, and 360 sales combined. Well I believe GOW3 will do over over 1.5m in week one. That's right believe it.

C_Hollomon said:
I remember when some people said Tekken 6 wasn't going to sell 2m and now it's over that with the PSP, PS3, and 360 sales combined. Well I believe GOW3 will do over over 1.5m in week one. That's right believe it.

All should depend on how much marketing the game gets in the US  territory and sales like 750-800K will be an achievable feat in US alone. Others will have somewhere between 350-400K.

Just prepare to be blow away...

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

Around the Network

based on pre order math mentioned above and including pre order raise when it gets closer to release, i predict 1 million week 1, and really good legs, this game is getting to 5mln ltd.

"even a dead god still dreams"

Well to be using up 35 GB of space is an enormous amount of data and adds up to prove what we were seeing in the trailer and No CGI cutscenes are indeed real. A good campaign is all that the game requires and with this increasing hype, first week sales will be impressive.

It will beat KZ2 first week i am predicting.

Theirs a great chance for this game to get 1 Mill + FW WW.

It has around 350 K pre - orders, and they are bound to pick up when the game is about to be released.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Your understamating the power of Kratos

God of War Collection stands 0.61m A remastered game sold almost on par with

demon's souls, dragon age and outsold borderlands, bioshock, an many other great games in the realese time frame

Chains of Olympus sold 2.03m psp games barely hit a million

that means it has to be a mainstream game to reach those numbers

spacially for psp when everyone in the world can paritate games for it,

so based on that god of war is a superior franchise but it has a lot of competetion so it can go iether way

but it will outsell FF XIII in NA and Europe.