By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - so guys...whats it like living in outside of NA?

i hate it here in america, the insurance policies suck, everyone going crazy over president obama and it feels like the education is getting worse and worse, meh i prolly just hate it here cuz i have lived here my whole life

so how is it in europe? and South america? you guys like where you live? do you wish you lived in america? how is it over there?

Around the Network

I love it where I live. I wish it would get warmer though, we haven't had this much cold and snow in years.

And after my visit to Texas in 2008, I don't think I could ever live in the US. I'd love to come back to see more of it, but I could never live there. It just doesn't feel right

What's it like to live in NA?

Yeah, thing in Europe are cool. It's a bit cold right now, but hopefully it will start to warm up soon.

Thanks to globalisation, we all live in NA.

SamuelRSmith said:

Thanks to globalisation, we all live in NA.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

I don't ever want to go back to Canada (aside from visiting) now that I've experienced Korea. Oh sure there are some huge negatives : Racism, Sexism, General global ignorance. But it's easy to fight those ones. THe positives though. The communal nature of things, the general love of sharing public places. In Canada you drive to a shopping mall and then drive home. In Korea you walk to the mountain and hang out with grandparents excercising on outdoor gym equpment in the forest, and then buy a one dollar bottle of booze and drink outside by the beach while korean families offer you food.

Korea is alive, North America is... Boring. Unless you can pay to go to an expensive private venue, it's just plain boring.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

It's all about Canada dude.

oh well it's pretty calm here in Germany right now.

Everything is fine :)

Rainbird said:
I love it where I live. I wish it would get warmer though, we haven't had this much cold and snow in years.

And after my visit to Texas in 2008, I don't think I could ever live in the US. I'd love to come back to see more of it, but I could never live there. It just doesn't feel right

Well, I'll tell you that you said your primary problem already- you went to Texas. The US has different regions (northeast, mid-west, etc), but NONE of them want Texas. A few of the regions even say let Texas secede back to Mexico. It's... sort of the black sheep of the US outside of Texas itself.

That said, I'd love to experience life outside the US. It would definitely have to be a progressive country, something like the Netherlands, or a country that I would simply love to visit, like Japan. I want to get away from this bit of religious rule in the US. (Seperation of church and state my ass...) But there are certain things about here that I don't want to give up, like the fact that I can say this freely against my own country, without fear of repercussion. So it's really a toss-up. I think if we could get an atheist as a president (big if, I know), then we might start to see some push to change things. As things are now though, I hate being bound by beliefs, not facts, of those whom I don't agree with.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

dunno001 said:
Rainbird said:

Well, I'll tell you that you said your primary problem already- you went to Texas. The US has different regions (northeast, mid-west, etc), but NONE of them want Texas. A few of the regions even say let Texas secede back to Mexico. It's... sort of the black sheep of the US outside of Texas itself.

Well, we did live in Austin, so it wasn't the typical Texas we saw the most of.