By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why did you buy your Xbox 360?

Why did you buy your Xbox 360?

Brand Loyalty 8 4.37%

Xbox Live 14 7.65%

Exclusives and console exclusives 54 29.51%

Overall game library 41 22.40%

First HD console 24 13.11%

Other (specify) 42 22.95%

Total:183

I went to buy a PS3 and I wasn't coming home empty handed. I took a second look at some of the games for the 360 and convinced myself that it wouldn't be a waste of money.

It became my favorite console this gen.

Around the Network

Gears of War and achievements were what convinced me to buy a 360 before Halo 3 came out. 

And I haven't been let down, the 360 has the best library and online service available imo.

Well in early 2008, I was still enjoying my Xbox and that but I made the move for a few reasons. ONe, Xbox Live. Two, Halo 3. And three, the actual most important one, Burnout Paradise. I bought the original Xbox for Burnout 3 and bought the 360 for Burnout Paradise. How unfortunate that I was kinda disappointed with Paradise but I still enjoyed my purchase. But Paradise was no Burnout 3: Takedown... that's for sure.

It was the first HD console, and I used it as a Media center.. As of now, it's collecting dust.. Sold all my games.. But I think I'll buy Alan Wake for it, since it's a true exclusive.

I caved in because the 360 had JRPGs while the PS3 had nothing.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

i bought it because my computer broke and a decided to get a console instead of fixing my computer. at the time the ps3 was $600 and the wii was impossible to find and fable was one of my favorite games from last gen. in retrospect i wish i had just held out for a wii (found it ~3 months later) cause i hardly play the thing.

I bought it for the annoying in your face adds on live and the silly avatars.

I kidd, I bought it because I loved Halo 1 and 2 and I wanted to play mass effect. I was also afraid the ps3 would die at the time as everyone was going for the cheaper system. I wanted to be safe. It worked out great because when my bro broke my ps3 with oblivion (danm that long great game)
I was still able to play great multiplats like fallout3 and dead space as I waited the long ass month it took for Target to get my PS3 problem settled. Its nice to have a back up system in case either one breaks again.

Halo 3 baby

well I bought my 360 because at that time I thought Star Ocean 4 and Tales of Vesperia were 360 exclusive(though vesperia might be 360 exclusive in the NA and EU region)

I bought it because it was cheap, and beacuse of the game library.

Try Gamefly for a month and get another one free!

http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/406vc