By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why did you buy your Xbox 360?

Why did you buy your Xbox 360?

Brand Loyalty 8 4.37%

Xbox Live 14 7.65%

Exclusives and console exclusives 54 29.51%

Overall game library 41 22.40%

First HD console 24 13.11%

Other (specify) 42 22.95%

Total:183

It was my first HD console

Around the Network

Xbox live and great game exclusives =)

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

I get tired waiting for a ps3 price cut.

Gears Of War, played it at a friends then that made up my mind that I needed a 360!

I bought my 360 for the few exclusives I could not play on my PS3, In my opinion If you are a true gamer, you really need both 360 and PS3, because they both have superb exclusives.

Around the Network

If i had, when the choice was there? mass effect and crackdown. I didn't but i still feel I'm missing out with those two games. If it wasnt for rrod i would have gone for it ( I still feel a company should not be rewarded for playing their userbase like that) and to this day i regret it for those two games. So the games.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Domicinator said:
I had all but given up on PC gaming and all my friends and family had the 360. It also (at the time) had the best library of the three. Fast forward to now, and I also have a PS3 and have completely abandoned PC gaming. Going to be a console guy for awhile.

Sounds like me when the DC was released.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

I picked other, reason being it's what all my friends have.

Definately the Games, especially RPG's: Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Fable and Fallout (i also moved out to University and needed a console here)

Mainly because I didn't have a gaming PC built and games like Bioshock and Orange Box were better on the 360 than the PS3. Bioshock wasn't even on the PS3 at the time (Fall 2007). Also for Gears of War. Bought Halo 3 when it came out and then felt pretty stupid about buying into the hype when it turned out to be essentially the same game I didn't like in Halo CE and Halo 2.

And thanks to the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray format war, studios were split down the middle on which format to distribute on until HD-DVD cried uncle and quit. If you really liked movies, one format wouldn't have all your favorites before Blu-Ray won.

In retrospect, it wouldn't have killed me to skip the 360 had I built a game PC first. Now it's just an extra option to play on.