By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why did you buy your Xbox 360?

Why did you buy your Xbox 360?

Brand Loyalty 8 4.37%

Xbox Live 14 7.65%

Exclusives and console exclusives 54 29.51%

Overall game library 41 22.40%

First HD console 24 13.11%

Other (specify) 42 22.95%

Total:183

Around the Network

When I bought the Xbox 360 for the first time it was because of Halo 3. I bought the Xbox 360 for the second time because of Halo: Reach, when it come out this fall.

First system on the market and it was a whole lot cheaper than buying/building a gaming PC>

Halo 3 but since then I've found a bunch of other gems. The 360 has been a huge step up from the Xbox in terms of gaming library and of course live integration.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

i bought it for my birthday
It was between getting an xbox or a Wii
Good thing i made the rite choice and bought an xbox

Around the Network

I saw it then I turned 360 degrees and walked away.

Actually I only bought one because I felt the PS3 fans conduct on this site in late 2007 and early 2008 was so shameful that I didn't turn my PS3 on for a whole year as I felt I would have been tainted in association. I support the underdog in many situations, and in defending the Xbox 360 I became familiar with it and ended up buying one.

I actually spend more time on the PC or PS3 than I do with the Xbox 360 though. I just hate PSN so I barely log into it as I HATE UPDATES.

Tease.

Because I love Xbox.

Could not find a PS3 or a Wii for sale anywhere :P

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

I've loved Bio-Ware since KOTOR and they didn't make games for Sony or Nintendo consoles. I still had some faith in Rare and there was going to be a Naruto fighting game on the 360 that had online support. On top of that, I kinda liked Forza and at the time the 360 came bundled with it.

I had all but given up on PC gaming and all my friends and family had the 360. It also (at the time) had the best library of the three. Fast forward to now, and I also have a PS3 and have completely abandoned PC gaming. Going to be a console guy for awhile.