By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why did you buy your PS3? (The strongest reason.)

Why did you buy your PS3? (The strongest reason.)

Brand loyalty. 93 22.20%

Blu-ray. 47 11.22%

Exclusive games. 181 43.20%

Reliability of hardware. 30 7.16%

Free online play - PSN/web browser. 20 4.77%

Other (Please describe below) 48 11.46%

Total:419

Becasue im a videogame collector.

The second reason is Uncharted!!

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Around the Network
Ssenkahdavic said:

Other: The controller.

Since the PS1, I have been primarily a Playstation Gamer (tho I absolutely love my DC). Keeping the same controller (for the most part) was my primary reason for sticking with the PS3. Dont get me wrong here, there is NOTHING wrong with the 360 controller, it just never felt right to me.

Bought 2 of each of those consoles on day 1 (sold 1 of each on ebay for metricfucktons of money) and just ended up sticking with my PS3 (gave my 360 to my g/f about 2 years ago after a RRoD warranty repair).

That's very interesting you say that. In the poll I was gonna put an option "Controller" but it only gave me six spots. =(

I completely understand where ur coming from,  the feel of the controller is important, particularly when ur used to something for many many years, something different in your hand doesnt feel right. To think the ps3 controller was gonna be this:

http://mfugett.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/ps3-first-controller.jpg

reason 1 was because it was cheaper to buy a ps3 than to pay for live but blu-ray and ps3 exclusives played a major role as well.

MGS4 and the fact that I like having all consoles but mine is gone though, getting a slim very soon.

Ramify said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Other: The controller.

Since the PS1, I have been primarily a Playstation Gamer (tho I absolutely love my DC). Keeping the same controller (for the most part) was my primary reason for sticking with the PS3. Dont get me wrong here, there is NOTHING wrong with the 360 controller, it just never felt right to me.

Bought 2 of each of those consoles on day 1 (sold 1 of each on ebay for metricfucktons of money) and just ended up sticking with my PS3 (gave my 360 to my g/f about 2 years ago after a RRoD warranty repair).

That's very interesting you say that. In the poll I was gonna put an option "Controller" but it only gave me six spots. =(

I completely understand where ur coming from,  the feel of the controller is important, particularly when ur used to something for many many years, something different in your hand doesnt feel right. To think the ps3 controller was gonna be this:

http://mfugett.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/ps3-first-controller.jpg

I wanted to walk up to the clerk with one of those in my hands and pull out a wonderful Joker Line:

"Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

Around the Network

I put blu-ray but really it was a combination of home theatre hub, GTA IV, MLB The Show, and Uncharted as well.

I said a while ago I wouldn't buy one for a while, but I ended up buying one a couple weeks ago to have Blu-ray to go with the new 47" 1080P LCD LG that I bought to replace my 37" 720p LG LCD.

I did also buy a couple games for it, Street Fighter 4, and Little Big Planet GOTY edition, nothing else has really caught my attention as interesting for it though. I'll probably pickup GranTurismo 5 when it comes out.

I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be to long - Mitch Hedberg

Many reasons, from most important to least important:

-Reliability, after hearing about the RROD issue
-Free online
-Exclusive titles (especially FF13 at the time)
-PS2 backwards compatibility (so I could play GoW and FF)
-Built-in WiFi
-Blu-ray player
-Included HDMI port
-Wireless controllers with rechargable batteries

I bought it because I wanted to play Dynasty Warriors 6, yeah you want to fight about it.

Plus I knew I wanted a PS3 not because I like Sony. At the start of this gen i really didn't care. I just liked what they offered.

1) Blu-Ray movie player.

Everything else was a bonus.

My Gaming Setup