By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why did you buy your PS3? (The strongest reason.)

Why did you buy your PS3? (The strongest reason.)

Brand loyalty. 93 22.20%

Blu-ray. 47 11.22%

Exclusive games. 181 43.20%

Reliability of hardware. 30 7.16%

Free online play - PSN/web browser. 20 4.77%

Other (Please describe below) 48 11.46%

Total:419

I bought my PS3 for many reasons, exclusive games, there products are reliable, never a problem with PS1 or PS2 , still have both, both still work great. Blu Ray, Free online play, and for all these reasons brand loyalty, Built in WiFi , controllers that charge with out spending more money, I liked that everybody had a hard drive, everybody is on the same playing field, also my Bluetooth headset works on my PS3 , I did not have to go out and spend more money on a wireless headset, for me when you look at everything the PS3 offers you for the money its incredable, Sony put together a superb product and package, I do also own a 360, but for different reasons.

Around the Network

Bought mine for the blu ray. Second reason is the PS3 exclusives (Infamous, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted)

Just want to play good games

I picked exclusive games but I should have hit brand loyalty. PS2 was the best console ever so I figured I'd buy the PS3.

It was 599$ at the time and I needed something expensive to show off at the time

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Main reason: It was cheaper for me than an X360 + the accessories that I needed.

Other reasons:
- it takes laptop hard drives so I could easily make it bigger (and I have done twice, to 250gb and then 500g).
- They were removing BC, which I wanted, so I had to buy one before it was gone.
- My g/f started working for sony so I could get cheap stuff :D

Around the Network

GT5 Prologue

Other: The controller.

Since the PS1, I have been primarily a Playstation Gamer (tho I absolutely love my DC). Keeping the same controller (for the most part) was my primary reason for sticking with the PS3. Dont get me wrong here, there is NOTHING wrong with the 360 controller, it just never felt right to me.

Bought 2 of each of those consoles on day 1 (sold 1 of each on ebay for metricfucktons of money) and just ended up sticking with my PS3 (gave my 360 to my g/f about 2 years ago after a RRoD warranty repair).

How else could I play GT5?

I saw my PS3 selling for £150 back when it was retailing for about £280. Easy choice to make when I knew I would not have to fork out for extra accessories.

KZ was coming out soon and FF13 still being exclusive sealed the deal. Not regretted it for a second, its still the cheapest I've heard of getting one even now after the price cuts and slim.

blu ray because it's the best blu ray player out right now...