By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why did you buy your PS3? (The strongest reason.)

Why did you buy your PS3? (The strongest reason.)

Brand loyalty. 93 22.20%

Blu-ray. 47 11.22%

Exclusive games. 181 43.20%

Reliability of hardware. 30 7.16%

Free online play - PSN/web browser. 20 4.77%

Other (Please describe below) 48 11.46%

Total:419

I bought my PS3 because of the games. I have really enjoyed quite a few (especially Valkyria).

Around the Network

Just bought it an hour ago.
Mainly because of FFXIII, and the now better becoming catalogue of games.

Blu-Ray + Games I couldn't get on the Wii.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Boredom and excess money :-/

The games, I had a PS2 and loved the games they had on there. So getting a PS3 made perfect sense.

Around the Network
nordlead said:

I thought I read that Mrs. Nordlead bought it for you 

dsister44 said:
nordlead said:

I thought I read that Mrs. Nordlead bought it for you 

no, not really. We went to Walmart really early when they had the $100 gift card with purchase of a PS3. I told her to count it as my Christmas gift

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

They were both more or less free, otherwise wouldn't have bought one until very recently.

First one -- sold a shit-load of movies and rather than use the trade-in money to buy more movies, I got a used 80gig BC PS3 I wasn't so excited about.

Second one -- 40gig no BC, bonus from work, sold it back to Best Buy the next day.

well for me it is Blu ray and now also Netflix and respectively free online.

Don't play online games, but need gold on xbox to play netflix so turn off there. But I guess mainly those two media things.

I ain't that big into the games that are out on the 360/PS3, only a few interest me and they are on both systems, so that is why PS3 over 360. For other media reasons, games have nothing to do with it, and won't own very many games either.

Play Station. Which proves how stupid it is to buy a system at launch, on brand recognition alone, with no really good games and hot, unreliable hardware which is almost assured to break down eventaully and henceforth force me to buy a second one before the generation is out.

Should have waited... like every other smart person with PS3s. Its the last time I'll buy a console at launch anyway.

So yeah, Brand name, like most people who got a PS3 I guess. Its comforting to know that most people bought one for this reason.

Edit: im talking about 60GB and early 40GB PS3s as unreliable. Beyond the 65nm shrunk 40GB model I would call them somewhat reliable and the present slims would be reliable.

Tease.