By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 will maintain its lead over the PS3 in 2010.

Joel12345 said:
Seece said:
Joel12345 said:
Um yea gears of war 3...have you heard anything about it?
Heavy Rain>Alan Wake
God of war 3>Halo:Reach
Wii>Natal
Gran Turismo>Forza

LOL, funny!

I know right!

god halo is so not the type of game i would play 

Oh boy, you gotta be joking? Halo Reach going to sell more than any PS3 game ever. To put God of War 3 in front of it is ridiculous.

Heavy Rain and Alan Wake aren't even the same genre.

Natal is a completely different motion technology than the Wii offers. Its new technology that'll be used beyond the 360 as well.

Gran Turismo should be better than Forza. They spent god knows how many years creating it. While you're busy waiting for GT5, people are actually playing Forza 3.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
numonex said:

360 lead over PS3 will fall to 4.5 million this year, but rise again to 6 million by the end of the year.

PS3 will not be any closer to the 360 by the end of the year. It will be like Ground hog day. De ja vu'.

PS3 is not zooming pass the 360 or crushing it in weekly sales on a regular basis. The boost from the PS3 Slim launch was just a rally due to consumers waiting for a cheaper price point of $299.

Three more big games left for the PS3: Final Fantasy XIII, God of War 3 and Gran Turismo 5. 360 has more games up its sleeve for second half of 2010: Halo: Reach, Fable 3, Alan Wake and possibly Gears of War 3. Price cuts in 2010, it has been two years since the last 360 price cuts. Natal launch in second half 2010.

Sony may have to delay Gran Turismo 5 launch until the second half of 2010 and reveal the second half games very soon. PS3 not expected to cut prices on SKUs but the 120GB could be replaced with 250GB and have the $299 price tag. Sounds familiar, Microsoft dropped the Pro 60GB and replaced it with the Elite with the $299 price tag in 2009.

It will be interesting to see how the sales battle between the 360 and PS3 unfolds in the second half of 2010.  Second half of 2009 turned around in a blink of an eye all due to the PS3 Slim launch. 360 is in the battle to win and it will not lay down and die.

The below is only my opinion, I am not looking for a flame war, as I enjoy all my consoles equally (except for my Wii)

I feel your logic is flawed, for this reason alone:

People will not buy consoles to play Halo: Reach, Fable 3 or Gears of War 3.  Why? If they like these games they already have a console when they bought Halo 3, Halo: ODST, Fable 2, Gears of War 1 and Gears of War 2.  The only game you mentioned that could be a system seller is Alan Wake (as now it is 360 exclusive since it is no longer on PC - I know I preordered my copy)

However - the PS3 titles you mentioned (and only 3 of them?!?!?!) are all "1st iterations" for this generation, not going to include FFXIII since it is multi-platform now. 

However, I see you failed to include other exclusives to the PS3 such as Heavy Rain, Modnation Racers, FFXIV Online, The Agency, Agent and The Last Guardian to name a few more (And as well all these are "1st iteration" games, well maybe not FFXIV).

But hey - 360 gets Tron and Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim as well, so maybe that will balance things out :)

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

No titles will push boost sales significantly enough to widen or close the gap, not at this point. Console price and market saturation have more to do with the sales. Since there wont be any major changes in those two areas we can expect steady sales but nothing big. The wildcard is the add ons, namingly natal and arc. but only time will tell how they effect sales.

i hate Halo with a passion but you seriously cant expect god of war 3 to outsell halo reach? Halo ODSt which has only been out a few months has sold more then god of war 1 and 2....

Halo Reach is being bigged up to Halo 3 style hype. Which is almost 11m units.
I can't see anything this year coming close to that to be honest.

*rolls eyes* thanks for pointing out the obvious with this thread.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Joel12345 said:
Seece said:
Joel12345 said:
Heavy Rain>Alan Wake
Wii>Natal
Gran Turismo>Forza

LOL, funny!

I know right!

Yet about 3 x more people play Halo than GoW, so you're outnumbered.

Yea but how many of those people have lives?

Joel12345 said:
Seece said:
Joel12345 said:
Seece said:
Joel12345 said:
Heavy Rain>Alan Wake
Wii>Natal
Gran Turismo>Forza

LOL, funny!

I know right!

same  people who just wanted to have fun from video games :)

Adobo said:
Joel12345 said:
Seece said:
Joel12345 said:
Seece said:
Joel12345 said:
Heavy Rain>Alan Wake
Wii>Natal
Gran Turismo>Forza

LOL, funny!

I know right!

same  people who just wanted to have fun from video games :)

Yea I guess your right

I believe PS3 will take over World Wide sales by late 2011 or early 2012.

The PS3 will continue outselling 360 weekly in World Wide sales until about late fall this year. Then 360 will briefly be back on top only to be reversed in the PS3's favor by the Holiday Season and onward, PS3 will continue outselling 360 weekly in the World Wide charts from that point on.

IMO

2010 Hardware Sales Predictions

Wii: 20m- Sales will drop, but not by much.

PS3: 13.5m- It sold 12m in 2009, its only common sense it will sell more this year.

Xbox 360: 11m- It sold 11m in 2008 and 2009, I think it will sell the same.

My Fanboy Speech...

Why do you have to make excuses to defend a product that you purchased, but that's the only connection you have to it, you don't make it, you don't lose or gain money on it. I don't see where all of the defensiveness comes in, there is no reason for you or anybody else to feel obligated to defend it. Now I would understand if one of you were a developer for the product and you slaved over said product only to hear somebody call it stupid or a piece of junk. But none of you developed it, none of you are mature enough to realize that. Choosing a product all comes down to preference, you chose said product because it is best for you. Simple as that!

Garnett said:

Hmm

I will say that IMO Xbox 360 owns this year, X10 locked it down. 

I wouldnt call Alan Wake a big exclusive, Im talking sales. In ratings yeah it but sales i couldnt say,There is more than just Alan Wake.

The list of Xbox 360 exclusives are long but for ever exclusive Xbox 360 has im sure PS3 has one. The problem with PS3 exclusives is that very few people want them. If you take a look at sales for most PS3 exclusives there poor compared to Xbox 360. 

I think that PS3 might catch up to Xbox 360 in sales, and a price cut and Natal might help 360 continue to outsell it.

You are wrong so many levels.