By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 will maintain its lead over the PS3 in 2010.

Gap will be around 5 million by the end of this year.

End of 2010 Predictions (Original Prediction Made: Jan. 1, 2010---Revised April 1, 2010---Revised Again July 1, 2010---Revised Again on Nov. 1, 2010)

PS3: 46 MIL (April Revision: 44 MIL, July Revision 43 MIL, Nov. Revision 45MIL)

360: 44 MIL (April Revision: 46 MIL, July Revision: 48 MIL, Nov. Revision 49MIL)

WII: 82 MIL (Apr. Revision: 84 MIL, Jul. Revision: 82 MIL, Nov. Revision: 82MIL)

THE MUST BUY LIST of 2010: Gran Turismo 5

THE BOUGHT LIST of 2010: White Knight Chrnociles, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Sports Champions

Around the Network

ps3 in 'others' sales have been beating the 360 (dont even bring up japan) this has been helping the ps3 beat the 360 in sales overall. the ps3 also has a lot of innovated ideas coming out this year (3-D, motion controls). we also have a great line-up of games that are releasing or are close to releasing. i think sony has this year set. it only took sony to drop Ms 9-million unit lead down to 5 million in 4 months i think sony can take the lead this year.

and i think 3-D will be the biggest push/help to thrive ps3 sales. people are really underestimating the market for 3-D and only sony and the very few with a brain know this.

also even if sony doesnt take the North American lead from MS just taking the lead in general with the help of others and Japan will put the ps3 in second place in consoles.

Joel12345 said:
Um yea gears of war 3...have you heard anything about it?
Heavy Rain>Alan Wake
God of war 3>Halo:Reach
Wii>Natal
Gran Turismo>Forza

Since when were these games actually comparable aside from GT5 vs Forza? Also since Natal isn't a Wiimote clone its probably going after a market which Nintendo hasn't tapped.

Tease.

I can see microsoft selling more possibly, but that is only because their standard console is cheaper if the PS3 dropped to $199 it would destroy the 360 insales simply because it offers so much more, like the bluray and built in wifi for instance, and it would have a 120gb hdd over the arcades 0 gb, i really think the fact that the 360 is $100 dollars cheaper is the only reason they are selling as much as they are since even the wii is more expensive than it. When the pro was still around with the 60gb hdd sales were great but since they dropped it sales have plummeted. Plus you need to account for the fact that the 360 has been out a full year longer and on a year to year basis the PS3 is out selling the 360, so it would be sad if the PS3 surpassed the 360 in sales especially this year.

I Hate the fact that all these pillows are contaminated by retard!!

Joel12345 said:
Heavy Rain>Alan Wake
Wii>Natal
Gran Turismo>Forza

LOL, funny!

Around the Network
FullMetalMerc said:

I can see microsoft selling more possibly, but that is only because their standard console is cheaper if the PS3 dropped to $199 it would destroy the 360 insales simply because it offers so much more, like the bluray and built in wifi for instance, and it would have a 120gb hdd over the arcades 0 gb, i really think the fact that the 360 is $100 dollars cheaper is the only reason they are selling as much as they are since even the wii is more expensive than it. When the pro was still around with the 60gb hdd sales were great but since they dropped it sales have plummeted. Plus you need to account for the fact that the 360 has been out a full year longer and on a year to year basis the PS3 is out selling the 360, so it would be sad if the PS3 surpassed the 360 in sales especially this year.

Yeah and if Nintendo dropped the Wii to $99 it would be all on. Then Microsoft can respond by pricing the Xbox 360 to $80, but wait Sony will destroy them by pricing the PS3 at $70 and beating everyone.

Btw the most common Xbox 360 sold is the $299 model without the virtues of free online, wireless, blu ray, cell, and Genji: Days of the Blade.

Tease.

Seece said:
Joel12345 said:
Heavy Rain>Alan Wake
Wii>Natal
Gran Turismo>Forza

LOL, funny!

I know right!

god halo is so not the type of game i would play 

Joel12345 said:
Seece said:
Joel12345 said:
Heavy Rain>Alan Wake
Wii>Natal
Gran Turismo>Forza

LOL, funny!

I know right!

god halo is so not the type of game i would play 

Yet about 3 x more people play Halo than GoW, so you're outnumbered.

Miguel_Zorro said:

Actually, the Wii was the underdog that everyone was saying would be in 3rd place

-I just want to point out to people because i think everyone forgets(i do too) that the wii has already won. and the huge 360 ps3 flame war is pretty useless when you're competing for second place. although i would like to see one of them crash and burn just so developers could take their time and design their games better instead of creating one good game and one port that isn't up to par

heywoodjablome said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

Actually, the Wii was the underdog that everyone was saying would be in 3rd place

-I just want to point out to people because i think everyone forgets(i do too) that the wii has already won. and the huge 360 ps3 flame war is pretty useless when you're competing for second place. although i would like to see one of them crash and burn just so developers could take their time and design their games better instead of creating one good game and one port that isn't up to par

the wii has about 2 or 3 decent games and a huge mound of unplayable shovelware. i hardly ever dust mine off. but yeah, they "won". sales are everything right

i will always stay cold