By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 will maintain its lead over the PS3 in 2010.

PS3 beats the 360 in the weekly sales by a mere 24k units. With recent adjustments to sales numbers the 360 lead over the PS3 is now  6 million+.
Thank you ioi for the upwards adjustment of sales number for the 360.

360 lead over PS3 now = 6.29 million.

Around the Network

The gap between PS3 and 360 will be smaller by the end of the year. But after the adjustments i think that PS3 will overtake its concurrent in 2011, not in 2010. I don't think that the gap will be greater or be the same again, PS3 is future and bluray is already needed for some games and will become more and more necessary for futur games!

Favourite Games:

PS: Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy VII. PS2: Resident Evil 4, Shadow Hearts Covenant, Final Fantasy X, Silent Hill 4, Soul Calibur III. PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavy Rain, Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted 2, Mototstorm PR, God of War III, Modern Warfare 2. Xbox: Suteki, Fatal Frame II DC, Jade Empire. 360: Dead Rising, Lost Odyssey, Dead or Alive 4.

The only way the PS3 can overtake hte 360, is if Sony undercuts the 360 on price...lol...alot of sony fansdon't think making is a priority, so this should work out great for sony...it can take second place and lose another billion in the process...heck, I'd even get a ps3 at $99 to show my support!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

halo reach, gears 3 and fable 3 will not move 360 console sales because the majority of people who play these genres already own halo3, gears 2, and fable 2 and therefore already own a 360...alan wake will get plenty of attention but probably won't cause a significant increase in console sales maybe an extra 20,000 on the month it releases and the same goes for heavy rain ps3. the ffXIII bundle will make sales interesting. and god of war 3 will most likely move ps3 sales because there its the first god of war with next gen graphics.

No game in itself will move many consoles when a console already has 35-45 million consoles sold and that includes Halo:Reach and GT5. Its all about price and quality software continuing. With that in mind this generation is set. Only thing that could change the dynamic is something like Natal taking off and changing the demographic or a console maker deciding to drop the console and no longer support this generation (and that aint gonna happen).

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

No way, with microgay focusing on their natal, they dont have near as many exclusives as PS3. The exclusives are gonna make PS3 explode in sales just like the original playstation did in 1997

I expect 2010 Q4 to be a lot closer than 2009 Q4. 360 may actually sell more consoles worldwide than PS3 in 2010 Q4. With recent adjustments in and the PS3 barely outselling the 360 in the opening weeks of 2010, the PS360 worldwide sales gap will not fall below 5 million in 2010.
Expect PS3 to sell around 12 million in 2010. Lower than 2009 sales total, PS3 cooling off in late stages of 2010.
360 will sell between 10 to 12 million, it all depends on Natal success. 2010 could be the 360s highest selling year on record eclipsing the 11 million sales in 2008.

natal has the potential to succeed but if the price is too high im not sure 360 owners will pay the estimated $100+ cost for it and then more for games when they can get a better experience out of mass effect 2 and modern warfare online. the 360 user base isn't exactly the casual gamer crowd. the wii currently owns that crowd and I dont think they will jump to 360 for natal. its really going to come down to games developed for natal for the hardcore and casual. and its going to come down to developers coming up with the right ideas for software and not release a crap game with unresponsive controls like red steel was for the wii. and dont forget sony has those wand things coming out too although they dont seem to be getting a lot buzz at all

apollon said:
Dark Chaos said:
The lead will never disappear. MS won't allow it, they taken their promise seriously and seems to always be one step ahead of Sony in every department. The 360 is about to get its second wave of big games after 2007. Plus Natal and the fact that MS can cut the price if they want means that this lead will be intact until 2012. Just imagine NPD sales for the 360 during the release of Halo Reach and Natal.

if the lead is always less than a year of sales,while the xbox had a year advantage and always cheaper,i dont consider it an accomplishment.

imo

If the Playstation brand fails to overhaul the pretender then I consider that to be a major achievement. The Playstation is only now making significant sales and from the start the analysts have always predicted the PS will overhaul the 360 in sales that includes its first year.

So yeah a major accomplishment.

That said I cannot see Microsoft now resting on its laurels and it will not be happy to simply sell as well as the PS but better.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
numonex said:

PS3 beats the 360 in the weekly sales by a mere 24k units. With recent adjustments to sales numbers the 360 lead over the PS3 is now  6 million+.
Thank you ioi for the upwards adjustment of sales number for the 360.

360 lead over PS3 now = 6.29 million.

Do you honestly think this will be the last of the adjustments???