By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 will maintain its lead over the PS3 in 2010.

360 lead over PS3 will fall to 4.5 million this year, but rise again to 6 million by the end of the year.

PS3 will not be any closer to the 360 by the end of the year. It will be like Ground hog day. De ja vu'.

PS3 is not zooming pass the 360 or crushing it in weekly sales on a regular basis. The boost from the PS3 Slim launch was just a rally due to consumers waiting for a cheaper price point of $299.

Three more big games left for the PS3: Final Fantasy XIII, God of War 3 and Gran Turismo 5. 360 has more games up its sleeve for second half of 2010: Halo: Reach, Fable 3, Alan Wake and possibly Gears of War 3. Price cuts in 2010, it has been two years since the last 360 price cuts. Natal launch in second half 2010.

Sony may have to delay Gran Turismo 5 launch until the second half of 2010 and reveal the second half games very soon. PS3 not expected to cut prices on SKUs but the 120GB could be replaced with 250GB and have the $299 price tag. Sounds familiar, Microsoft dropped the Pro 60GB and replaced it with the Elite with the $299 price tag in 2009.

It will be interesting to see how the sales battle between the 360 and PS3 unfolds in the second half of 2010.  Second half of 2009 turned around in a blink of an eye all due to the PS3 Slim launch. 360 is in the battle to win and it will not lay down and die.

Around the Network

Well, Microsoft will pull off the Kobe Bryant this time around.

because they gonna cut the prices?

have you seen the GOW3 tralier for me the 360 died! :)

Kennyheart said:
have you seen the GOW3 tralier for me the 360 died! :)

Big world out there.

Around the Network

Possible, as Xbox 360 have many exclusives this year.

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Hmm

I will say that IMO Xbox 360 owns this year, X10 locked it down. 

I wouldnt call Alan Wake a big exclusive, Im talking sales. In ratings yeah it but sales i couldnt say,There is more than just Alan Wake.

The list of Xbox 360 exclusives are long but for ever exclusive Xbox 360 has im sure PS3 has one. The problem with PS3 exclusives is that very few people want them. If you take a look at sales for most PS3 exclusives there poor compared to Xbox 360. 

I think that PS3 might catch up to Xbox 360 in sales, and a price cut and Natal might help 360 continue to outsell it.

Are you talking north america or worldwide?

Yup...but it's going to be totally dependent on how well Natal fares...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

numonex said:

Sony may have to delay Gran Turismo 5 launch until the second half of 2010.

That already happened I beleive:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=99844