By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Activision calls for console price cuts

How about cutting the prices of all games to no higher than $29.99?

Around the Network

Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony should issue a joint statement saying:

"If Activision drops game prices or pays us higher licensing fees, we'll cut hardware prices".

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@ Galaki

Damn right. The consoles are a one off, it is the games we have to keep buying, so if anything, it is the games which need to come down in price!

Activision games should cost no more than £20 considering they are always the ones complaining about the economy etc.

Activision, pull your finger out of your backside and lead by example!

Fei-Hung said:
more like they should bring the price of their over priced stupid games down!!!

This attitude is what led me to shit list MW2 and any future products they release. I just pray MAG kicks off well. So far I know at least 5 other MW2 fans who have switched to MAG and if 360 gets something similar, MW2 can kiss their lame ass regurgitating franchise good bye :D

Here is praying for a successsful COD free future!

I agree, Im refusing to buy the next one and I hope others follow ,but I know people wont. there cod 4 is still highly priced its a rip off

I cant even play on cod mw2 now without finding at least one sort of cheater in every game, all this boosting shit in free for all

Why don't they just come right out and ask for consoles to be given away for free to make it easier for them to sell games? At least they're be accurately expressing what they clearly think.

Gotta love how they want Sony, MS, etc to sell their HW at a loss to increase their ability to sell at a higher profit.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Errrr....EA's boss said something similiar about a week ago...Price cuts for consoles were too little too late...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

I like to see them do:
1. Make their own console, and drop the price of it every year.
2. Continue to make games, but make them affordable, and not make it more than buying a console.

heruamon said:
Errrr....EA's boss said something similiar about a week ago...Price cuts for consoles were too little too late...

Game publishers get record revenues compared to the earlier generations, but somehow it's always the recession or the console makers to blame for their losses.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Reading that just made me think "Absolute power corrupts absolutely"

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

wtf for? if Sony Microsoft and ninty drops there price they will lose money, and plus there not just gonna drop there prices just to make you happy activition